WEB How to keep a video high in the SERPS?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MartyFukstein, Jan 7, 2009.

1. MartyFukstein

MartyFukstein OT Supporter

I got this video, hosted on metacafe (had better results than youtube) on the first page quickly:

[​IMG]

But it sank to the second page and is sinking quickly.

The video:
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2213417/car_detailing_portland/

Any ideas on how to get the vid to rank higher in the search engines? I linked my blog to it. I've been trying to post it to message boards, would that help? Should I respond to car detailing blogs with a link to the video?

2. trev.the.enemy

trev.the.enemy New Member

Yes.. link build towards it.

2-3 links/day.

3. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

It's showing up 5th for me. Keep in mind, there's a little link at the top right on google search pages "Personalized based on your web history. More details", click that and disable personalized to show more accurate results. (Google has multiple data centers too, which each return slightly different rankings)

I know google has video search results since they bought youtube, which I don't know much about how they're ranked. This isn't one of them though, it's really just a standard search result and is a result of the actual page the movie's on. It's perfectly optimized for "Car Detailing Portland", it's in the URL, in H1 tags, page is full of relevant kaywords.....metacafe being one of the most authorative domains obviously helps.

Great job on the video though, google should be picking up on phrases like "Ace Car Reconditioning" in the description and relating that phrase to the your other keywords. Your time would be better spent focusing on your own site and that list I sent you first. Posting this to message boards isn't really going to help it much (most are nofollow anyway). #5 after 10 days is solid, write it off as a success and move on. Keep the good and original content like that coming.

4. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

fixed

5. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

It can be hard to keep a random video ranked high unless it is actually very viral.

You might better spend your time just pumping the video out there...although you can get good traffic from the video search results, you can also get traffic from the video sites themselves. And there are a lot of them out there. Check out videopostrobot...You can upload the same video to like 20+ different video sites at the same time, fast and easy (after you have gone through and created accounts on all the video sites and set it up and such). You can upload the same video using different keywords as well.

6. trev.the.enemy

trev.the.enemy New Member

:rofl:

well.. yeah, if blackhat is your thing :o