How to increase your ranking on Google and Yahoo!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by nashstradamus, Jul 27, 2007.

1. nashstradamus

nashstradamus New Member

Does anyone have good resources or good books to read regarding the methods of increasing traffic to one's site with the use of certain key words being searched either Google or Yahoo? I've heard the number one factors is quality of linking sites..?

I am attempting to increase traffic to my mother's small business website and she has not been getting the traffic she wants.

Any help is appreciated

2. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

Google has some 200 factors in determining page rank.

I work for a company that specializes in SEO. Unless you have content that is ALWAYS updating/changing, link exchanges (not 1:1, but very circular), an old domain name, proper URL naming for searching, you won't get too far.

For a quick fix, PPC. Purchase links.

3. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

A few simple things that help are well structured pages as far as how you utilize HTML tags. For example, text wrapped in h1 tags means a lot more to a bot than text wrapped in p tags. Also, it's helpful to have well descriptive URLs, such as http://www.momsshop.com/here-is-my-product-name.

4. 95vr4

95vr4 OT Supporter

What's the url? The one thing I did on our site that probably helped the most was dynamic page titles like this

<title><%=pProduct%> - <%=pCategory%></title>

^^^It's gonna take a lot more than simple things like that though. Imo, by far the most important thing is really good, unique content. Make it so people want to visit your site, that's what gets you inbound links from other high ranking, relevant sites. We update our site at least once a day if not more and its taken us 3 years to get to the top 3 for all our keywords.