SRS How to increase motivation?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by FyreDaug, Apr 17, 2006.

1. FyreDaug

FyreDaug lolswift

First of all, im not motivated enough to go work out or anything anymore, so I'm thinking something "medicinal" some kind of herb thats supposed to make you focus more, that st johns wort thread didnt have much info on this topic so heres a new one.

I do smoke weed, but I have cut down recently, used to be 2+ bowls a day, now im down to max of one, sometimes I skip a day. Trying to cut down anyways.... but motivation has not increased.

If I could get myself into exercising it would be easier... but even thats too much work :\

2. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

The most effective way for me is to surround myself with people who are more motivated or ambitious then me. Nothing more motivating then watching people your age, or younger, having better successes then you. Make friends with people who are motivated to succeed, rather then those who sit around all day with a bowl of pot.

Another thing I've found as a strong push, is to travel. When you remove yourself out of your daily bubble, you get to see how the world operates far different from what you know, some of it is better, some of it is worse. When you get back home, you don't feel it's enough anymore.

Last thing I've found works for me -- pick what goes in your head. "Feed" yourself only things that push you forward. Be careful to pick what you watch and what you hear, whether you're actively paying attention or not. If you have music or tv running while you go about your day, why not pick the happy stuff rather then the crud that drives us to be unproductive.

Good luck :wiggle:

3. XPX

XPX New Member

I've found that exercise and setting clear goals for the short term future works best. "I'm gonna save at least $1,000 in 3 months" and work around that, obsess about it if you want. You will feel good each time and you'll be eager and motivated to do more next time you set a goal.

4. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

pot causes apathy. stop smoking it, wait about 3 months and you should start feeling motivated. It'll have an effect on you for a little while after you stop smoking, aka long term effect. also, surrounding yourself with better people is a good way to jumpstart yourself.