Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by calibur45, Aug 4, 2005.
Hit 'em with some high volume shit. What do you do for them now?
high volume as is heavy or alot of reps?
i do my calves every time i hit the gym.. i go about 3-4 times a week. i do the standing up calve lift, the sitting down one, and one more machine where i have my legs fully extended.. also do some free standing no weights calve exercises that some training video demo'd..
i am doing about 40-60 reps and making them burn.. about 3 sets.
Both. Your calves are used constantly throughout the day just from walking around so you have to really shock them into growing. Typically I'll do sets of anywhere from 20-50 reps.
medium to high volume, heavy weight
Do every rep like this:
1) start the exersize as deep in the hole as you can
2) explosive concentric, power yourself all the way through the top as fast as possible.
3) pause and squeeze for a half second or so
4) controlled negative - 2 seconds or so
5) MOST IMPORTANT - at the bottom, hold the stretch for 4 seconds to release the stretch reflex. If you don't do this, you are not recruiting your calf muscles nearly as much as you could be
Remember to go heavy... most people end up using way lighter weight than they can really handle. Try doing them on the leg press machine, works really well for going heavy.
do them every day.
jump ropin nigga
get fatter than fuck for 10 years or so
quoted for truth
Hey it worked for me!
bumping thread because I rediscovered a good post on this on Lyle's forum
become a fat ass for awhile, then diet.
you know it!
girls don't know what one i'm gunna hit em with!
those are cute.
worked for meh