How to have the "I want to be exclusive" talk

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by writergirl, Apr 10, 2006.

1. writergirl

writergirl New Member

My friend has been dating a guy for 3 months now and since Day #1 he's been honest with her about dating another girl. My friend doesn't know the details of the relationship (she'd rather not know), but it still obviously bothers her as they progress in their relationship.

She's now at a crossroads where she has opportunities to date other people, but she feels guilty about ie since she is developing such strong feelings for this other guy. He hasn't mentioned anything more about this other girl since that one, inital talk. And there's a big possibility that he's not even seeing her anymore. But the lack of knowledge is driving her crazy! She's worried that if she brings the subject up, it will be this huge turn off and it will destroy the "good thing" they have going (I disagree with her that it's a "good thing" in the first place... but that's a topic for another time).

She has no idea how to talk to him about this. How does she casually mention it, without him getting the impression that she wants to be really serious with him? She's not looking for marriage immediately - she kinda just likes what they have going and would like to keep moving forward. But the thought of another girl is really distracting her. I think she's just afraid of hearing the answer that she doesn't want to hear...

Any advice?

2. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

Many women overplay the idea of the man who fears attachment.

He would probably be absolutely ecstatic to hear her ask if they should be monogamous.

3. lazarus

lazarus New Member

She thinks it's a "good thing" now, but it wont progress in to more unless she just asks him about the situation. She should just ask him to see if he wants the same things that she does, and if it turns out that he is still seeing this other girl, your friend isn't going to get what she wants anyway, so there's no way around it and at least then she'll know not to try and take things further.

4. Apothis

Apothis New Member

I think she's crazy for getting emotionally attached to someone who seems to be a player. But in any case, there is no better way to ask than to just come out with it. Either he feels the same way or he doesn't (and he likely doesn't. he's probably enjoying tapping ass left and right). But there's no better way to find out than to just come out and ask.

Just say: "MrPimp, ..how would you feel about us being exclusive, just you and me?"

5. KoukiS14

KoukiS14 New Member

I put my penis in a coke bottle.

6. GSRwBOOST

GSRwBOOST New Member

thats cheaper than a divorce :hsugh: