how to handle haters who drink too much hatorade???

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by illmaticnyc, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illmaticnyc

illmaticnyc New Member

i love exercising. i love lifting. if i miss a day i dont feel right. its an obsession, a passion of mine. i love to lift. period. im obsessed to seeing the subtle changes in my body. eating good food and seeing my performance increase cuz of it. seeing myself hit the heavy bag harder and harder through practice and gains. i can run faster, run longer. i can lift more, lift harder at a higher intensity. i love being sore. i love looking at myself in the mirror seeing my arms get more cut and my whole body just getting morem uscular.

i also love how people can look at me and think that i juiced cuz ive made some impressive gains. i love how people say i work out "too much" or that beacuse i dont sit home on my fucking ass watching tv all day eating chips i dont have a life. or how they say i might start to look disgusting when in fact themselves they look nasty. or how girls will say to me you are too muscley and gross yet what girl wouldnt want a guy who looks physically stronger or able then the skinny dude next to me. or i love how my confidence comes off as cockyness to those who lack it. i feel great about myself. i love pushing my body and seeing its new limits. my mind has become stronger. i love the hating people say and think to themsleves oh boy that guys a prick cuz he thinks hes strong blah blah. its also sad to see their own insecurities rise through me.

i love going into the gym and adding 5 more lbs to my bench. i love hitting the heavy bag like im going to fucking kill it. girls say i might be getting gross yet thety want to touch me.

so all you boys and girls who share this passion...i commend you. this forum fucking rocks despite some of the haters and wise asses on this board. to the rest...thanks again. ive learned that intensity is solely based on individuality.

2. dank

dank fuck yeah

cool

3. illmaticnyc

illmaticnyc New Member

is it normal that i want to take a olympic barbell and swing it around

4. Elfling

Elfling New Member

holla :coold:

I like being called a gym rat. One of my favourite quotes:

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated".

5. Drewski

Drewski New Member

:werd:

and

6. dank

dank fuck yeah

yeah, i think so. :dunno:

i dont know what that would work though, dont waste your energy.

7. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Yeah I tend to think of most people that don't lift as weak in one way or another.

8. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

it is a nice side effect :o

9. Drewski

Drewski New Member

you mean we're not? :squint:

that made me remember an article I read yesterday

Weightlifting Snobbery

10. Drewski

Drewski New Member

better

11. uf20wop

uf20wop OT Supporter

5'6" 140 :mamoru: :greddy:

but i still feel superior to those who dont lift :cool: :coold: :cool:

12. Grouch

Grouch Guest

ok usa

13. cavefish

Lance Armstrong is an elite athlete and the fucking man.

I was referring to your average dipshit college student/fat middle aged fuck. These are the same people who say "Why do you work out so much" while drinking a beer and smoking a cigarette.

I'm not an elitist prick to anyone by any means, hell most of my friends don't lift, others are athletic in other areas, but I can't help but look at people much smaller than me and view them as weak.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
  14. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

Word. My close friend and new gym partner, who couldn't unrack 95 on the bench press a month ago, did 95x4 the other day, and was also able to DL 175. He weighs ~145, and was incredibly weak to start with. I no longer see him as a complete and utter waste of space physically.

15. cavefish

You thought a thread with a title featuring the word "hatorade" was going to be a groundbreaking intellectual discussion? :p

16. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

Just because someone has a different view of something doesn't make them, or this thread, retarded. You've been on a seriously high horse as of late, and I don't really know what your deal is.

17. nosnikliw0

nosnikliw0 I am the cheese.

You saw a close friend of yours as a complete and utter waste of space cause he was physically weak? Is that your attitude about everyone who doesn't lift?

:ugh2:

18. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

About 230 currently.

19. Jeg1983

Jeg1983 OT Supporter

I think he meant this retarted because its a bunch of weekend bodybuilders or powerlifters who think they are tough shit and better than someone else and feel the need to post about it on the internet.

20. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

Well.. not really. He's a very close friend, and I've known him since 6th grade. He used to get picked on A LOT, and I always had his back and told people to fuck off and whatnot. Since I started lifting, I've been asking him to come with me and he was always like "nah man, it's not my thing, etc etc" I always thought "how could it not be your thing if you're tiny and weak?" He signed up 2 weeks ago and now he couldn't be happier.

21. cavefish

Read my edited added comments in my first post. I would never judge someones character based on whether they lift or not and would never be an asshole to somebody for that reason.

It's not really a matter of viewing yourself superior to someone, I'm not really sure how to express this. When I'm in the gym I have to cop an attitude and view myself as the bad motherfucker I want to become but I'm nice as all hell to everyone else in the gym whether they're bigger or smaller than me.

I think when Ilyusha said "worthless waste of space" he didn't mean that literally, since its a good friend of his, and you tend to throw words like that around on the internet.

22. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

Everyone starts somewhere. I am not saying that I am stronger or weaker than him. Both of us didn't do any weightlifting until we turned 21, so we were both physically and relatively weak. I don't think I ever said that I was significantly stronger than him..

23. LanceUppercut

LanceUppercut New Member

we are.

24. cavefish

^^ I know, I just wanted to clarify my position on a few things.

In reference to that Berardi article, I think a certain degree of snobbery is a good thing. It can keep me motivated, when I see someone slacking and fucking off in the gym or their diet it makes me want to work that much harder to beat them (not literally), be bigger, stronger, faster, and leaner than them, etc.

Maybe thats just my inner competitive nature coming out. Playing contact sports for years will do that to you :p

25. Ilyusha

Ilyusha Guest

So it's cool for a person who has lifted for 5 years to be an elitist asshole, but it's not cool for a person who has lifted for ~1 year to display some signs of being proud, becuase the 1 year person will be seen as an elitist with no basis for it, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.