How to get the guts to ask a girl out for first time ever?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by skitcy, Apr 12, 2005.

1. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Yea so all other sort-of relationships I have been in pretty much just happened never had to ask a girl to do anything or what not and most have been semi distance ( nobody locally known )

But there is this girl I've known but havn't really known that I got to know more this weekend and I've decided I want to ask her out.

Problem is our school is pretty small ( about 400 people ) and word travels way to fast I'm really really nervous of asking her out. I'm not your typical big buff d00d in high school ( seniors! ). Not that I'm fat or unattractive but just not a huge guy.

Any suggestions for asking a girl out? Like what to do ect... we have a movie theatre but it really sucks. Maybe the ladies can give tips of what they like the most on a first date?

Thanks a bunch :)

2. XsLiCk

XsLiCk New Member

grow some balls and realize you live once and you probably wont see at least half of those people for awhile so just go with the flow. dont live later on in life regreting what you didnt do. but live life remembering all the things you did do.

3. saint jimmy88

saint jimmy88 New Member

bulletproof

4. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

just do it... most importantly is conversing with said girl. ;) she'll never know you like her unless you talk to her. that said, tell her you'd like to go out sometime...then insert fun activity.

:dunno: some of the things i like to do?

get coffee and chat
    bookstore + coffee = :bigthumb: (ibnerdcomments)
    ice skating
    picnic lunch
    walk in the park

the dinner/movie thing is played out...that's just my opinion

5. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

Alright :) Thanks I'm going to make a point to ask her to do something this weekend before friday.

On the other note those things mentioned above we have like none available, well we have a park but it's still pretty cold here for a picnic ( just snowed last weekend )

We'll see I'll find something maybe a fun sport or ask if she just wants to do something and we'll play it as it happens

I've come to realize yea you live once and you regret all those things you didn't do. and I know this will be one of those things

6. EdvardGrieg

EdvardGrieg New Member

The big things to keep in mind for a first date:

1) Make physical contact quickly, whether it is a hug when you meet her, touching her on the shoulder/arm. These little things right off the bat will make it more comfortable for the two of you to hold hands-->hugging->kissing->etc etc. One tip for physical contact, 'tickling' can work absolute miracles for breaking down additional barriers, once you get her laughing, she'll start to release endorphines, and that will put her at ease and once you too 'settle down' she should be in a relatively euphoric state. Just make sure you make that physical contact as soon as you see her though.

2) As far as the activity, do something that will cause you two to engage each other. If you get food, go someplace quick and informal, as much crap as people might give you for getting fast food (Wahoo Fish Taco/Chipolte etc are good 'upper end' fast food that won't seem quite so 'cheap' to her), it will fit the criteria or a informal restaurant like Applebees. The key thing here is that you want to be able to talk with her without the added pressure of a nice restaurant etc.

This goes double for the activity itself, a movie is a 'no-no' because it is going to be 1.5-2 hours of time you can't talk to her and you will be kicking yourself throughout the movie as to whether to touch her, put your arm around her etc, and realistically it could be a coin toss with her personality and it being the first date anyway. Now a bookstore as chica&buddies mentioned would work well for creating discussion. Ice skating on the other hand will work well for promoting physical contact (falling on your ass could work to your advantage there). I'd also suggest mini-golf or going to a driving range (assuming you know how to golf and could 'teach' her, again with the physicality). There is nothing wrong with a little playful competition, and you can always create 'mutually beneficial' prizes. I final thought would be to take a dancing class for a 'partner' (swing, 2-step, tango etc) style so that you have the physical contact. Also, with dancing, if you get to having your arm around her, it all leads to making things easier to kiss her.

7. naughtie

naughtie New Member

Meh. He was right about half the time.... yes, make contact quickly...it's a contest to see how fast you can get into her pants. yes, take her somewhere cheap to eat on the first date, that way she will never expect you to take her somewhere where they actually have silverware and tablecloths.

j/k. his suggestions were perfect. good luck, dude!

8. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

So the contact thing is a good idea? my idea is not to get in her pants at all ( morales I got ) but I think having a girl around all summer could be nice and fun :)

9. EdvardGrieg

EdvardGrieg New Member

You don't need need to use it to get in her pants, that is a choice you make. What it does is it will reduce the tension between the two of you so that you have less 'awkward' moments and more, meaningful conversations; just because you don't want to get in her pants doesn't mean you can't kiss/hold hands/hug etc either though ;)