how to get someone to talk about their feelings

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by NCS, Jan 16, 2006.

1. NCS

NCS Active Member

and its a chick. and im not used to it! im used to the women with tons of emotional baggage who just unload it on me and im now in a situation where i'm with someone who is a total introvert when it comes to her emotions and its starting to drive me nuts. ive been really patient, tried to explain that sometimes i need her to express herself. do any of you have any ideas of what i could do to get her to talk a little?

2. dark cloud

dark cloud New Member

Why do you want her to lay her emotional baggage on you? Be glad she hasn't.

3. dont bother. youll complain later. you dont want to know her like that anyway.. since she is just "some girl" ya know?

4. skelm

skelm New Member

You're trying to change her... If you can't accept her for her then you two don't belong together. Plain and simple.

5. Camron James

Camron James New Member

:werd:

The only thing you really need to know about her emotions is how she feels at the moment (i.e. in the mood or not)

Edit: Until you actually start to get serious, then it really matters

6. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:o... i can totally relate. i've heard that once or twice from guys i've dated. before i throw my 0.02 in there, i need to ask some questions first.

how long have the two of you been seeing each other? what do you primarily talk about? describe her interests/personality as well as yours, etc. in your own opinion, who guides the conversations and who does most of the talking? and last, but not least... ages? :)

:)

7. Coconut Endo

Coconut Endo OT Supporter

I have a friend (female) like this who I've known for 4 years. She's just not a very emotional girl. :dunno: Her type is rare.

8. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

:werd:

9. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

You're used to being the nice guy, the therapist, the solver of her problems. Guess what? She's a nice normal woman. Stop harrassing her to be an emotional mess. You've got a woman who just wants to have fun with you. If you keep pestering her, she's going to dump you.

Go have fun with her. She's a good catch in my opinion.

(Of course, if there is something MAJOR that needs to be said regarding the two of you i.e., she cheated, you just need to take the lead and bring it up. Otherwise, kiss her!)

10. bobbarker70

bobbarker70 New Member

nah man i know what u mean.

ive never been the guy women complain to. well i have alot fo friends guys and girls who come to advice but ive steadily dated ppl most of my adult life since hs. my gf now is like that doesnt really talk about her personal life alot. but were treading 6 months and over time she opens. with time and seriousness itll happen

11. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

Don't ever bug her about it, that's the worse thing you can do. If she wants to talk to you then she will, sometimes it just takes a lot of getting to know you first. I'm not very big on telling people how I feel all the time but after I get to know a guy really well I'm more likely to tell him things. I guess it really just depends on whether she's hiding things from you or not. If she's in a bad mood a lot but refuses to ever talk about it, then that would be a problem. But she may just not be sharing her feelings because there isn't really anything to share. Not all chicks have tons of emotional baggage that they feel the need to share with everyone.