How to get rid of spiders in/on car?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Worker#2, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Worker#2

Worker#2 New Member

Hey guys,

I got a couple spiders living in and around my car. (more than a couple actually.)

I have washed my car very well, including under wheel well, behind bumpers, in as many crooks and crannies as possible. I have vacuumed inside extensively. I always seem to get a few spiders every single time but the next day there would always be new spiderweb formed somewhere.

Is there anything I can do to rid myself of these spiders short of throwing some bug fog/raid in there? Any tips/tricks from your own experiences?

Thanks in advance. BTW, luckily these spiders are not dangerous, they are common house spiders but nevertheless, they still scare the bejeesus outta me.
    :noes:

2. NightyNight

NightyNight OT Supporter

ugh, call pest control and have them spray the garage?

3. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

when i read the thread title i was expecting spider web type swirl marks not actual spiders! :noes:

4. NYM3

NYM3 Is this teal life or is it....fanta-sea?

i had this in a shitty old jeep grand cherokee i bought.

my solution was one of those "foggers" insect killer thing.

They apparently dont make one specifically for spiders, but whatever i used worked perfectly. I had A LOT of spiders in there before the fogger.

Just set it in the middle of the car and let it go. I left the stuff in there for a few hours. Then left the windows open for maybe 5 or 6 hours. Then cleaned off all of the mess that the fogger made.

Good as new after that.

5. keleko

keleko yes, he is

BURN IT.

:noes::run:

6. Worker#2

Worker#2 New Member

Thanks for the replies guys! I will try the fogger for the inside spiders. But what about the outside spiders that seem to never go away?

Would using the fogger inside be detrimental to my health or to my young lads?

7. NYM3

NYM3 Is this teal life or is it....fanta-sea?

not if you air it out properly

8. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

If its parked in the garage just open the windows of the car and set it off in the garage. Id probably stay out of the house for awhile if the garage is attached. Be careful as you would probably spray the headliner if you set it off in the car.

I have sprayed for wasps in a similar way. The truck was parked outside and the wasps had nested inside of the body panels. I opened the doors/windows, tarped it and set the bug bomb off under the truck. 5000 sqft bomb and a few minutes later they were dropping dead. Take that waspies! :fawk:

9. Skillz

Skillz Member

Yea, I'd probably just open the doors/trunk of the car and set the bombs off in the garage. Depending on the size of your garage, I might use two. One on either side. I'd even open the hood.

10. Worker#2

Worker#2 New Member

Hello guys,

I used 3 foggers inside my garage and let it sat in there for a few hours. It must've worked because I no longer see any spiderwebs being formed on my car for the past couple of days. Thanks for all your help guys.