how to get over a girl

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JohnDoe, Aug 18, 2005.

1. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

well I was pretty in love with this girl and I pretty much fucked up our relationship and Ive never been so depressed in my life. I cant sleep, eat and I feel so weak. I hope time can cure this, because its killing me, or pushing me to that point. :wtc:

2. MovieMan84

MovieMan84 Here we go

What'd you do to fuck it up? If it was really was completely your fault, then I argue that you deserve to feel depressed and shitty for a while so you'll learn not to screw up so badly again. On the other hand, if by "I fucked up our relationship" you really mean you two drifted apart or had mutual issues, then you just need to occupy some time and you'll get over it soon enough.

3. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

1st heart break?

I remember thinking all that cant eat cant sleep stuff was bullshit till I experienced it. Didnt sleep for 5.5 days. Longest I ever stayed up for. 1st time i slept I laid back on the edge of my bed. Felt so bad. Just wanted it to end. I passed out. Woke up 2 hours later from a nightmare about her. Didnt sleep for another 2 days.

Love is the worst addiction there is.

You will get over it in time.

That girl i was so twisted about is so fucken meaningless to me now. Its almost a shame.

4. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

ya, you pretty much hit it right on the dot. Ive never felt this way before, so shitty. like last night i had nightmares of her for about the three hours that I slept, then woke up and couldnt get her off my head.

5. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Well what did you do? I agree with movieman84, if you really fucked up then you deserve to feel that way. If it really was something minor, then I would have a whole truckload of advice for you ;)

6. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

I remember that feeling. It is a horrible feeling although you could deserve depending on the circumstances. The best thing I reccomend is going and meeting another girl. You will never forget you first love, but it makes it alot easier if you have someone else. What do you think being on the rebound is all about. You don't neccesarily find the best person just take what is available

7. AstroGirl

:ugh: Yeah, thats a good idea. Just go from bad relationship to bad relationship. As long as you are not alone right? Leave a trail of broken hearts in your path and all of the sudden you will magically feel better about your life :rolleyes:

8. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

i could use a truckload of advice

9. AstroGirl

How so? What happened? ... did you change your name? *confused*

10. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

I am not saying get in another relationship. That is not the point. But he does need to have other interaction with a female. That way he can understand there are other women out there and that he can be interested in another woman. That way he does not set around stuck on this one thinking about he screwed up the only chance he had at a good relationship. When that probaly is not the case. I am sorry if it sounded as though I meant for him get in another relationship. That is not what I was going for at all.

11. the ground folds

the ground folds rest your trigger on my finger

yes i name changed! i'll pm it to you in a lil bit, i actually got some "work" to do.

12. AstroGirl

Okay, I get it. But in my own personal opinion. It would be best to stay single for a while, and work through the heart ache on his own, and not bring any emotional baggage into anyone elses life. Be it a commited "relationship"/ "casual" dating/ hanging otu with someone/ or whatever. Do it all by yourself and you will be stronger, do it with the aid of someone else and you will end up right where you started. There is nothing wrong with being single, and "doing your own thing." A man does not always "need" a woman around to make himself feel better. A man that can make himself feel better all by himself is that much more of a man. Likewise for a woman.

13. AstroGirl

Work shmork! (I don't know what that means) Okay, no problem sweetheart ;)

14. [HRT]Squirrel Master

[HRT]Squirrel Master New Member

A very nice girl told me one time.....

Life is a learning experience. Sometimes things happen that at first seem shitty and painful, but over time, and once you accept things, they become a lesson. The biggest thing is loving yourself and realizing that even if you screwed up, there is more than just one person out there for you. Like that song, "Life’s a dance you learn as you go". Things that you see as painful now, you will look back on in the future and either learn from it, or turn it into a happy relationship. If this is something you did, give it time, and there might be another chance. If this was mutual, yet you are putting the blame on yourself, these feelings will pass. Just realize that you cannot pretend to know what someone else is thinking. And you can never understand why they have done something. The only one you are in control over is yourself. Wouldn’t it feel great if you were happy with your own company? Wouldn’t you like that? Once you are at that point, finding someone that completes you is not that difficult because you are finally open to the idea.

Codependency is a killer, and often mistaken for love. You sounded like you were contemplating suicide or at least the thought of it. Remember that you are not the only one that depends on you being here. Family, friends, and others love you. Its an extremely selfish act to think that you can kill yourself without effecting anyone else.

anyway, I’m done with my little rant....

Thanks Mrs Giraffe :) I’m getting much much better.

15. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

Trust me I am single as single can be at this point because I know I have baggage and issues that other people don't need to put up with. But I am also a little more experienced in this than he is I am assuming. I tried to handle it all by myself the first time but it made it a little easier dealing with other girls and interacting with them.

Anyways back on topic, you can only do what feels best for you. What that might be you are the only one that knows. It would be a little easier though if we did know what you did to mess it all up to know if things are reconcilable.

16. AstroGirl

:) Sounds familiar

And I don't think a certain somebody would be happy by you calling me "his" name for me :nono:

BTW, where are you today?

17. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

well I have several girlfriend, then there was this period for about a year where I didnt really date any. So I got into this one and basically felt like I needed her. Basically I said some things (she was too flirty) that made her cry and she got upset and says she lost all feelings for me after that. And that was the downhill, tried to revive it once, then it was like no matter what I did she didnt have that same love we used to have. I figured we liked eachother enough where even if she got upset about one thing I said it wouldnt make her lose feelings for me, but I guess i was wrong.

Well she officially broke it off tonight and I feel like Ive learned my lesson. Not to be so clingy and basically dont say anything thats might offend her. At least until ur 100% sure that it wont come between the relationship. I thought I was 100% sure, but I was 100% wrong. :( Nothing but tears and time that will cure me.

Right now i feel like I have no hope, no one to run to, and suicide has crossed my mind several times. But I do know that there are plenty more girls out there and I need to just let time settle me down.

18. IntakeBabYee

IntakeBabYee New Member

If a girl broke up with you because you said she too flirty then you know she isnt the one.. Every realtionship there is up and downs, Maybe she come back to you after couple months.. Alot of couples brake up and get back together and then the realtionship is better and more serious. But trust me you feel all shiety but when the next girl comes into your life, you wouldnt wish for anything better. Just take past as a guide and make sure you dont make the same mistake. BUt from a girls point of view, I wouldnt brake up with a guy cuz they told me i'm too flirty, She's really an emotional person... Maybe this is better for you?

19. Azn_azzho

Azn_azzho New Member

Oh same here. But I dont really wanna get over her. I'd cut an arm and leg to get back...:wtc:

But a good way is to date another chick...