How to get out of first-impression stereotypes

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Nev, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

This has happened to me multiple times while going out, and it happened to me again this past thursday while at the bar (college bars)

I'll be talking to some girl I met there, and about 20-30 minutes after talking to her, she'll say something along the lines of

"You actually seem like a really nice guy .. I noticed you when I first came in here, but I wasn't going to come talk to you because you just looked like you would be an arrogant asshole."

The one that I got this weekend was "Guys like you are trouble." :hs: But as I just talked to her throughout the night, she opened up a lot, gave me her # and stuff, etc

I must get this at least 1/3 of the time that I go out and end up talking to some random girl. What makes them think that I'm an asshole without ever talking to me? :hsd:

2. Socrates

Socrates New Member

That's more of a good thing than a bad thing.

With great timing, if you can send mixed signals about being an asshole and being a nice guy, you'll be irrestible.

I do romantic things with my girlfriend, but then i'll make asshole moves every once in a while, and it keeps things interesting.

When that girl said "You looked like an arrogant asshole...etc" you probably would have had more success saying "You looked like a stripper, so I was debating about coming over to talk to you, but you seem kind of cool so i'm glad I did. *big smile*" rather than saying "Nope! I'm actually a really nice guy!"

3. Nev

Nev OT Supporter

:rofl:

I fuck with girls like that all the time.