How to fix these minor issues on my 97 Ford Explorer?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by GiantRutgersFan, Sep 11, 2007.

1. I got 114,000 miles on it. I bought it with 92,000 on it and I have had no problems with mechanical stuff since. Its also in extremely nice shape cosmetically and people actually compliment me on it and whatnot.

However, I have a lot of minor, irritating problems. Heres what doesnt work.

1. My air conditioning does not work

2. My windshield wipers dont work on intermediate settings. They dont work unless they are on full blast.

3. My passengers dont have control of their windows. The button to give my passengers control of their windows does not work (the driver has controls for them all, which does work though).

#3 isnt a huge deal for me, but I would like to fix it if its not too much of a pain.

but yea, the AC and windshield wipers are both annoying as all hell and I got to fix them asap.

Can anyone give me some advice on how to get this stuff done?

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

1. no idea.
    2. multi-switch in column is probably bad.
    3. push the window lock switch to unlock.
    4. the deatiling forum won't really be much help here.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

None of that stuff will buff right out.

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

:rofl:

5. Jim Jones

Jim Jones leave a message

Your A/C problem could be any of a large number of things. If the system doesn't come on at all, including the fan, it's probably way below the refigerant level it needs. That's probably the most likely situation. Means you have a leak and you need to figure out where. Not an easy thing to do.

6. It turns on and blows, but it just doesnt come out cold.

Like it will come out at like 75 degrees maybe.

7. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

thinking back, i have a friend that had a mountaineer with the V8, and there was a bracket that goes around one of the a/c lines (i think near the condenser can) that would wear a pinhole in the line and cause the refrigerant to leak out.