How to end it with a girl you'll still see all the time?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by HuskiRuski, Nov 14, 2009.

1. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

So there's a girl that I'm dating right now. We started out as FWB about 3 months ago. She's friends with all my friends (not through me) and hangs out all the time.

Recently, we've started getting more serious. Still no dates, but hang out in groups all the time without necessarily fucking afterwards. Also, when she's drunk at a bar she's all over me with the PDA, etc. Some of my female friends say she's given them the cold stare when I talk to them.

Basically it seems like she's trying to get a relationship going. I don't want a relationship in general, but definitely not with her because we really have nothing in common/to talk about. I also like talking to lots of different people at bars (including female friends) and hate that she basically closes me off from that when she's horny.

How do I end it? I know I'll still see her all the time because she hangs out with all my friends on a regular basis. Actually ending it probably won't hurt her feelings, but getting with other girls in front of her probably will.

2. Nullius

Nullius New Member

just lay it out for her straight up. "listen, i feel like you're trying to make this more serious than how it originally started. i think we need to define what we are or are not to each other and be certain we're on the same page." tell her you still want to be FWB but that she's making steps that are being construed as territorial which indicates she wants more than FWB.

tell her that you still want what you have but under no circumstances anything more and if she's still ok with that then fine, if not then you want to cut things off before she gets really attached and ends up getting hurt in the end. hopefully you can still be friends [read: fuck].

3. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

we already had this sort of talk about a month ago where she basically said she didn't want to just be FWB because (from how i understood it) she didn't want to be known among our group of friends as the girl i'm just fucking with nothing attached. she had a good point, because she was kind of getting shit for it indirectly.

so since then we've been kinda in this dating mode where everyone knows what's going on and we acknowledge it, but we're still not exclusive and/or a serious relationship. this is fine with me in principle so i agreed to it.

in reality, she's been getting more territorial and clingy. and although we aren't exclusive, i feel like a huge dick if i just started hitting on some other girl while she's there, because i'm sure that would be embarrassing to her. the problem is, she's at like 75% of the parties/bars i go to. so....yeah.

4. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

You just do it. And then you live with the consequences of your decision to tap pussy from a pool of friends.

5. Nullius

Nullius New Member

yeah break it off. this is a pretty unfair situation and she obviously doesn't have the balls to tell you cause she's afraid to lose you completely. if you keep it going like this its going to be even worse and might even drive a giant wedge between you and some of your friends.

end it now quick before more damage is done.

6. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

This is why FWB doesn't work. Sooner or later one of the involved parties develops feelings and it throws everything out of balance.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Should have found your balls and ended it a month ago when she made it clear she wanted more than a FWB relationship with you.

8. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

as i stated earlier, i was perfectly OK dating her, so i had no reason at the time to end it. the last week or so has been the first time i've been unhappy with how things are going.
    i don't really think she's developed feelings; i think she's just gotten territorial, especially when drunk. she's also just gotten more insistent on having sex at the end of a night of drinking.

9. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

this was your chance to make it clear that you didn't want it to go farther and then if she chose to keep seeing you then it was on her not you

10. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

go out with a bang, insist on 3some with her sister or best friend.

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:eek3: the perfect plan

12. BoomBoomBoy

BoomBoomBoy Guest

Here's a novel idea! How about just being honest, and telling her you're just not into her.

Honesty really can be the best policy.;)

13. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

The worst thing you can do in this situation is lie to her or try to avoid her. Tell her the truth, you don't want a relationship so you think it's best if you don't sleep together anymore.

14. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

^^ truth > * when it comes to FWB situations. just lay it out on the table...

.. and then tell her you just want to be friends :mamoru:

15. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

well i ended it yesterday.
    actually tried to end it the day before, and did, but then we had drunken sex right after. ironically, probably the best sex we've had.

next day actually ended it for real. it went well, we joked around during it, and we're still friends. i just told her straight up what the deal was. that i felt she was being too territorial and that i didn't want a relationship. told her that if we don't see each other in the same light that it's unfair to continue. that kind of stuff.

good timing with turkey break too. she's taking a road trip to new orleans so she'll have plenty of cool shit to do.

by the way, gwb, your brother/sister idea is really dumb (using the word love :rofl: - you really need to read less romance novels/watch less rom-com's). this is a girl who i casually dated for a month/hooked up with for 3 - and we never actually had any dates (well she came to my fraternity formal). anyway, we were always more like friends than anything - she's cool enough to where i didn't have to sugarcoat anything or pull any bullshit.

is it weird i kinda miss her? ah well. :-\

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  16. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

it only doesn't work if you define "working" as staying in a static fwb state indefinitely.

i'd say my fwb "worked" but by that i mean it lasted for 3 months and ended without any harsh feelings.
    my previous long-term fwb "worked" in that it turned into a 1.5 year relationship.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009