how to deal with paranoia

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by DigiCrime, May 5, 2009.

1. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

This friend of mine whom I asked out a couple times and been denied both times lol now I know why (shes seeing someone who is a girl btw shes bi didnt know at the time but I do now so the timing was wrong) and I'm cool with her preference. However once in a while she pops that question are you going to leave me? She asked me again today this afternoon I was like wtf. Theres a small story behind what triggered this kinda long but anyway I put my foot down and said stop asking me that I'm not going to leave you but its seriously starting to bother me. I asked her once before have I given you any indication that I would do such a thing she just responds no I'm sorry its paranoya.

During the first two months I mentioned a lot of what was going on between us to my friends and they were like she diggs you, ask her out when I did she said she wasn't interested in a relationship (Generic answer) but she was hiding the fact that she was seeing another girl she didnt know me at the time and was afraid to admit it. I'm ok with it now, I was pissed that she lied to me and I told her that. But she knew I liked her and I didnt want it to play to her advantage (getting my ass friendzoned) so I took some of that focus off and I told her that I wanted some space. She tells me I understand why, I know you like me I know what its like, I'm sorry if I lead you on if I did. So I thought she was ok with it I guess. She left for a week for vacation to mexico, came back this past saturday and at lunch we were talking about business and she goes so, are you going to leave me? I was like what the hell ? Seems like a possible attention whore, I'm to blind to see that kind of stuff she seems like the type of person who would make a really good friend but her paranoya is pushing me away.

I'm seeing her tues night shes making me dinner should I confront her again and find out a real reason or should I just leave it a lone? I think in true paranoya you cant really gain someones trust but how to tell the difference if its just for attention reasons or for another reason ie been burned so bad in the past afraid to loose me

2. Vysion

Vysion New Member

Are you going to leave her?

3. Vysion

Vysion New Member

No but seriously, she probably drives people away from her and she has major insecurities it sounds so she is paranoid that you'll leave her...

4. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

this girl sounds like her head is seriously twisted.

I'd probably leave her unless you are very sure she brings something positive to your life.

btw: paranoia

5. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Really nothing negative she presents to our relationship except that paranoya stuff. Either an attention issue or its just that sad shes worried one of the two

6. fray

fray New Member

She sounds crazy.

7. fray

fray New Member

Please see post #4. The 'y' is driving me crazy.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Let me guess, this girl's father left?

9. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

My exact thoughts, :rofl:

Dude, bail.

10. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

meh, it doesnt matter. you are not her boyfriend, you have every right to leave if you want (well, even if you were her boyfriend, you would still have that right)

you cant fix her, no matter what her reason for being paranoid is. if you still want to hang out with her and it bugs you, tell her to stop asking

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

i'll never understand why women feel so entitled to act in these bizzarre manners, and why men lend credence to that entitlement

12. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

I think I'm parannoyed.

:hsugh:

13. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

Pretty simple solution, bail or stick around.