TAT How to deal with growing out hair?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BombThreat, Nov 19, 2006.

1. BombThreat

BombThreat New Member

I wasn't sure were to post this, but this seems like the best place for it. Anyways, I was wondering how people dealt with growing out their hair. I'm 21 and have always had short hair. So I've never had to deal with long hair. But I want to have long hair by hopefully next summer.... Its been about 1-2 months since I would have gotten my haircut, now I've got this funky rooster cut going...lol Short on the sides but long throughout the top and down the back to a small tail (god). Do you guys have any suggestions to make this look okay throughout the "growing-out" stage?

2. digitaljames

digitaljames OT Supporter

Just deal with it, its a part of growing out your hair. Wear hats or something when you can. I always had a buzzed cut and i grew my hair out for a year before i got a haircut.

3. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

I've grown my hair out a few times. The last time I had short hair and decided I wanted long dreads seemed like the longest wait ever. I honestly wore hats most of the time. My hair looked like shit for a long time. I never wore hats before then, EVER. I never stopped though, because of that I still like to wear hats hah.

4. Nick6

Nick6 New Member

I use to feel the same way. I would get my hair cut if it got down to my ears. That all changed a few years ago, I just got tired to the hair cuts and suddenly having long hair no longer bothered me. Then I got to the point where I felt strange when I did cut my hair, even if it was just a little bit. :hs:

Right now I've been keeping a medium-long hair style for 6 months now. It looks good with a hat on (IMO) and there isnt too much to deal with when washing it.

5. Hippy

Hippy New Member

the way i see it is alot like the rastas do. your hair is somethin scared. Im sure i will cut my hair again someday but not for a while. (i have very fine hair so i cant really dread).

Just be happy with ur hair and dont worry about it so much... people are gonna judge u either way.

6. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

I grew mine out 1993-1994 so it was a while ago, but it was really just a painful process. you just look sorta dumb till it gets past yer shoulders. I tried to tie it back if I could or just wear a hat. maybe get some beanies??