How to deal with a youngin?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sparq, Sep 23, 2006.

1. sparq

sparq New Member

I just turned 24, she is 17... I know her because shes the daughter of a family friend, she comes over to play poker with us on weekends. I made the fatal mistake of telling her that I "liked" her while text messaging one day. While I do think shes got fantastically large hooters, and an ass I would love to pound -- I just can not forsee any type of relationship going anywhere with her.

Ive told her this straight out (well minus the whole boobs/ass thing) - Ive told her that the age difference brings up a bunch of problems that frankly I want nothing to do with. Ive been out of highschool for 6 years, I dont need to go back there by having a relationship with someone whos in HS. I dont want to hear about stupid shit, so and so was tlaking shit about me blah blah blah whatever - I dont think I really need to go into this subject, as most people should know what im talking about.

But anyways, after I told her I didnt see us going anywhere; she still said she wanted to hang out. We did, nothing came of it; im not interested at all. Yet she still wants to talk/hangout when I just dont care for anything she says. Yesterday I get an IM from her...
    Turns out shes going some place with my family (shes friends with my step sister) and im meeting my dad out before they go out -- and she will be with them. I find this a little creepy :o

Anyways, any suggestions on how I can go about telling this person that I dont want to be anything other then friends; and I dont want to hang out with her outside of saturdays when we play poker. I dont want to be a complete dick about it, but I do know being a girl and being young; I need to watch my words. Advice? :hs:

2. Cashishift

Cashishift Well-Known Member

too young.

if she was 19 or 20 it might be diff.

3. sparq

sparq New Member

I've already established the fact that shes too young...

4. GABOS

GABOS Active Member

just say because of the age difference you wouldnt feel comfortable if your relationship went beyond casual friends

5. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

If you really want to get rid of her, stop playing hard to get. Instead, be really nice to her and "accidentally" profess your undying love for her and how much you want to get married. She'll likely never talk to you again.

6. 2500

2500 Guest

i am 24 and my bf is 17 and we both couldn't be happier. age is just a number, its maturity that matters.

7. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

That's hot. I'd date (ie fuck) a 17 year old but would not engage in a relationship of any type. How do you do it? He is either very mature or you haven't grown up yet.

8. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

yes, but if you did that there's a chance she might tell all her friends and cry herself to sleep every night because she's so happy and become obsessed with you.

9. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

why can't you just tell the truth?

^ say this... best reply in this thread so far

10. sparq

sparq New Member

:ugh:

11. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Just come out and tell her that you like being her friend, but that it can go no further than that, due to the age difference. Make sure to say that it wouldn't be fair to either of you.

Also, ask her how she would feel if one of her female friends was dating a 24 year old guy.

12. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I don't understand how someone needs advice to turn someone else down.

You tell her that you like her, yet you want nothing to do with her?

If you truly want nothing to do with her, be polite but just stop showing any interest, and don't ask her questions.

13. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Didn't they make a movie about this one? Cary Elwes and Alicia Silverstone comes to mind...

I agree that this is way way spooky and scary. Unfortunately, for some girls that age, you can't get away with being anything except a dick. We have this propensity for seeing what we want to see, no matter what the actual reality is. She'll find something positive and encouraging in everything you do. Chances are, she's got this whole built up fantasy with you where she's going to show you how wonderful she is and you're going to live happily ever after.

If you're polite to her and she still keeps contriving places and point for the two of you to interact and if they become more frequent and she becomes more insistent...the only way out may be to be an asshole, as much as you don't want it. Now that may have ramifications in your family. So another option is that you might want to 'fess up that you complemented her and she took it too seriously to your stepsister and ask her help. Because you're uncomfortable with the age difference, you don't want to lead her on, you don't want to hurt her, but she's not getting the point. Your SS may run be able to run interference. She might not but then if you have to get hard, the SS can stick up for you that you had no choice and didn't want to be inappropriate (which is the greater evil than being an :asshole:).

14. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

why did u text her an "i like you" message? because you want to fuck her.

so just fuck her or tell her to go away already. this is not a difficult position you're in. make sure to tell somebody else about the situation before telling her to go away, so she doesn't spread rumors that you seduced her as payback for not seducing her.

15. XERQ

XERQ Guest

the family deal makes it a much bigger problem...

16. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

also, give her the "we're at different places in our lives" speech. It's true...you would probably HATE having any kind of a relationship with a high schooler.

But seriously, just come out and tell her. If she is hurt by it, don't worry, she;ll get over it.

And as far as wanting to fuck her....I don't care how hot she is, it's not worth it.

17. sparq

sparq New Member

Initial thought is I like her...

However, I want nothing to do with her. A relationship with her would go no where.

18. GABOS

GABOS Active Member

:hsugh: whats wrong with my reply?

19. JJM Enterprises

JJM Enterprises New Member

Take it for what it's worth... get some. She's 17, what state do you live in? 17 is legal in many... lol

If you've made it clear that you don't want a relationship, and she still wants you... well, there ya go. Don't worry about the family ties, it's not your fault she's coming on to you!

20. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

true, but that's no reason for him to go and do something that would piss off the family. He's responsible for his actions, just as she is responsible for hers.

21. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Not all 17 year olds get psycho on you. Just ignore her. Seems like you are making this a bigger deal than you need to.

22. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

didn't you post something similiar to this months ago? :hsugh:

23. jonno

jonno New Member

:werd:

24. Lindsay Loo

Lindsay Loo ミ★ Mikel's POZ Partner ミ★

yeah but whats comfortable for you obviously isnt comfortable for him. i wouldnt wanna date a guy that much younger than me.

to the OP, just be honest with her. tell her you dont want things to come of it. dont lead her on. dont beat around the bush. just be honest.

25. Isamu

Isamu New Member

take the cop out, and tell her your gay... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: