SRS How to cope with incompatiability ?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Kytro, Jun 13, 2006.

1. Kytro

Kytro I am become death, shatterer of worlds

Basically, I don't much like society at all.

I dislike the way it is structured as well as how government is run, how people are educated, how decisions in general are made and the way people come to decisions.

I don't actively hate it, it's like hating a natural disaster - it won't help and changing it is beyond my ability, espically as I'd have o resort to tatics that I don't agree with.

It gets depressing at times. This is more a genral rant than anything else, but most people I know just accept the ways things are, but if I try to, my mind rebels.

Frustrating

2. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Buddy, I'm with you. The only thing that really helps me is that I realize I can only control myself... which is basically still nothing in the grand scheme of things. It still upsets me to this day, but if I can make myslef better then I'm almost accepting of what happens around me.:sadwavey:

3. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Find like-minded people and prosper. You don't have to stay put, you know.

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Move out, get a job, and become invested in society. It's easy to piss on something until you depend on it, and depending on it will give you a very clear idea of why it is the way it is to begin with, and how this might actually be the best way for our society to be structured.

5. Kytro

1. I do have a Job, I'm not happy with it as it seems mostly pointless. Business systems coding and design. Plus I'm am underpaid.

2. I live with my wife, and my sister in law and her husband, and thier parents. Cool people, I have no issue with where I live. Maybe when my wife finishes her degree we may move.

I have a clear idea of why society is the way it is, I just don't like it. It has to do with how the vast majority of people think.

In general people do not look at how the world actually works. They buy all the BS from leaders. It's depressing watching everyonme getting scammed by politiicans and business leaders with clever words and because what those people say happens to agree with what they already believe.

Sometimes I wish I never started looking into they why of human behaviour.

6. Kytro

Cheers

7. Kytro

I guess that is why I like wasting time on the net, tends to be a higher ratio of people who are at least willing to look outside the norm

8. Erisu Kimu

Erisu Kimu New Member

I couldn't agree with you more. People do buy into all the propaganda and deception. I myself don't like the way the education system is structured. It's like they group a bunch of people together and most just don't belong there. It's not like they even provide a lot of alternatives or options either. Everyone inside of a classroom has to be taught in a method that doesn't necessarily apply to them. Tons of people just take whatever message is thrown at them and don't think about the outcome. It's too typical. It's almost like there's only one generic way to live and do things and that's the only direction people are looking towards. There's got to be other solutions. It's like we're living inside of a cycle of repetition.

9. deusexaethera

Nobody believes their leaders. They believe their own opinions, and champion the leaders that agree with them. That's why it looks like they all buy into their leaders' bullshit.

10. Diesel Fumes

Diesel Fumes Guest

I don't see myself as fitting in with society, I just see myself as smarter than society. Sure society has a purpose, but theres a big difference between being part of it and not being a part of it. There are lots of people like us and it turns out to be a downfall for many people. But it doesn't have to be.

11. Kytro

Yeah. I don't feel smarter just better informed. There alot of really clever people who believe in really silly things.

12. deusexaethera

What I typed in my post last night, and then promptly deleted by accident, was a recounting of how I used to believe that my greater potential (so my parents told me, anyway) obligated me to be better than people who didn't have it. When I was living alone next to the ocean (by a stereotypical coincidence, I swear) I realized that this was the reason I didn't have any friends. I decided that I'd rather fit in than "be all that I can be", so to speak, if realizing my capabilities meant that nobody could relate to me and that I wouldn't want to relate to them. At the same time, I saw no reason to stop being better than other people in the ways that I had already accomplished, because that would be a huge waste of effort. So the question is, would you rather live a full life or have an impressive obituary?

13. kenzo

kenzo New Member

im like kind of like u. I push all my friends away.

my gf thinks that im cocky and think im better than every one else which isnt true at all. she also thinks im a judgemental person, but im actually open minded. but sometimes when i see really stupid things, i start dissing them up and my gf would back them up and say thats the way they are. I cant judge them.....
    wtf

14. Kytro

It's hard to change behaviour and thoughts, still it happens anyway, given time.