SRS How to control getting hooked...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by NotSoSmart, Dec 5, 2006.

1. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

Emotionally that is...I used to be really weak emotionally, and pretty damn needy. Anytime I got attention, I'd grab on to the girl like no tommorow.

That was back in HS & early part of college. Times have changed, and I'm better now. I see myself as being more confident, see myself controlling the situation at hand better...

I did this by basically realizing that I DO have a lot to offer to women, and that they don't control how I should be, feel, or act. If I like something, needy me would be 'oh, okay...your way is better'. now, confident me is "too bad, that's me. Deal with it" I much prefer the 2nd way :)

However, I'm not perfect...Anytime I feel that really close emotional bond, more so then just the attention, my old-self will rear-it's ugly head. I overanalyze the situation, and start to worry, and go crazy in the head.

What do you guys do to control this feeling? :hsd: I know the usual 'go do things to keep your mind off it'. Have I been faking confidence? I don't know...i'd like to think not. I'd like to think that after 23 years, I've done a little better.

So what do you guys do to combat that? I'd like to basically have more control over my emotions...

2. Crush

Crush Epidural hematoma up in this bitch

Go back to school and make yourself very busy. This way you will have too much to do to worry about what she is doing. If you have a degree, go back for another one. Its a no lose situation honestly, you learn, you improve yourself, and you don't worry about as much because you're too busy.

Women also seem to like being neglected :rofl: as long as its not intentional.

3. NotSoSmart

NotSoSmart New Member

LOL, well I meant from a more mental POV. Maybe I don't want to go back to school?

I have plenty of hobbies (piano, fixing cars)...but still always find myself wondering back when I'm attached...

4. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

In for info cuz I do that all the time.

5. CharlesMNeo

CharlesMNeo New Member

i gots the same problem, I kinda just force it out of my head by telling myself stop being a pussy bitch and man up, it helps sometimes

6. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

If you knew exactly where ur partner stood in terms of her feelings towards u it would be impossible to feel uncertain, right... so like every other thing isn't this just about having really solid communication