How to connect my Mac and phone for DUN....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jimmy Pop Cornholio, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Jimmy Pop Cornholio

Jimmy Pop Cornholio forsakenisanidiot.info

I used PDAnet when i had XP pro but now I can't find anything for the mac. Anyone use any software for dial up networking on your PDA phone and data plans?

2. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

:confused: if your phone is bluetooth there are object profiles that should basically handle that shit for you after the phone is paired to the machine. Just open the Internet Connect application, configure the bluetooth connection settings and you should be on your way :dunno: unless I'm misunderstanding the question.

I used to use my bluetooth SE phone to dial a modem pool when my internet would go out... it was slow as balls but enough for e-mail / IM. :hsd:

edit: OS X will support both dial-up and data protocols like GPRS, so you can do packet data over the phone too if you do have a data plan. If you tell us what phone you're trying to work with it'll be easier to offer advice.

3. Jimmy Pop Cornholio

Jimmy Pop Cornholio forsakenisanidiot.info

I tried that but when I paired the two OSX said there are no compatible functions, even though my phone offered me serial port. Does it matter that it is a windows mobile? How can I sync it as well?

4. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

I don't know much about getting phone / data to work on windows mobile phones (google or other mac shackers will help there), but look into the program "Missing Sync" to get the data from your mac synced with the device. odds are if you look into missing sync deep enough (faq, forums, etc.) you'll find the answer to your DUN question too.

5. CarRamRod

CarRamRod The schnozzberries taste like schnozzberries.

http://www.taniwha.org.uk/

About mid-page there is a MS Mobiles scripts package. I don't know what ISP you are on, so I cannot tell you what settings to put in the Internet Connect stuff.

http://www.howardforums.com/

That has a lot of information on this topic as well. Cell phone nerds FTW :)