How-to: Clearing AutoComplete/History In IE

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jdub12, Aug 18, 2003.

1. jdub12

jdub12 New Member

Ok, now before you start thinking that Im an idiot....yes, i know under tools/internet options, there is a clear button. Well problem is...it only clears my recent history. In other words, like offtopic.com will be cleared, but i have some older websites that are long as hell that i want to get rid of and when i type in something like 'www.' it will autocomplete and show the long list of irrelevant sites. I also tried the tools/internet options and then the content tab in which you can click the autocomplete button and clear forms, but hey guess what....that doesnt work either. As does the clearing of the start/settings/taskbar button.

Seems as if the only thing that works is unchecking the web forms checkbox under tools/internet options and the autocomplete button. If i do this however, i cannot go to websites by just typing in say 'offtopic' and then CTRL + Enter and have IE insert the 'www.' and the '.com' for me.

Anyone else experience this wacky problem or have a solution? I figured the title would make it seem like an easy problem, and it might be...but it also might be some silly bug with my computer.

2. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

I belive they have tons of software available to do that, I am not sure of anyway to do it without any software

check tucows.com