GUN How to buy a gun online?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bausk, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

How do I order a gun online? Budsgunshop has an xd9 sc package for $462 shipped that I was interested in. Do I just call my local store and ask what their fee is? Do I just order from bud's and enter their info?

After I purchase/recieve it do I just have to take it to the police station?

Thanks, first gun purchase btw.

2. Bausk

Bausk New Member

And actually, what is the difference between 439 and 462

Thanks. :o

3. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

4. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

one has a 16 round magazine and one prolly comes with two 10 round mags.

the latter is to keep california as crime free and as safe as it is.

5. sprite

sprite Active Member

In a nutshell the process to purchase a handgun in MI is as follows....

If you DO NOT have a CPL (which I'm assuming you don't)

Go to the local PD (or County Sherrifs dept if you don't have local PD) and apply for a Permit to Purchase a Pistol. You have to pass a gay test and they will make sure you are not a baby raper. They SHOULD issue the permit on the spot, but not all PD's do (in spite of an AG opinion saying they must). Once you have the permit you have 10 DAYS to take possession of the pistol before the permit expires. If the 10 days lapses then you have to get another permit. As far as the state is concerned the "purchase" is when you take possession from the local FFL, not when you order it from Buds.

Take your purchase permit to your local dealer who will still NICS check you, and keep a copy of the permit. Once you own/possess the gun you have a "reasonable" amount of time to present it to the PD for "safety inspection" aka registration. Then you are good to go.

If/when you get a CPL you can skip the purchase permit BS but must still submit to "safety inspection"/registration. The Governor just signed a new bill that makes the whole process an even bigger clusterfuck and that goes into effect in 180 or so day. There is a good synpsis of the new legislation (which is a flaming pile of horseshit) in the MI hometown forum on www.ar15.com

6. Bausk

Bausk New Member

So basically order it, then go to the police station for the purchase permit before I pick it up locally. Gotcha.

Thank you. I knew about the whole purchase permit/inspection but just not how it applied to an online sale.

7. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Where do I find a local FFL? I called the store a few miles from me and they don't do them at all, and they wanted $519 for a xd9 sc in black (vs $440 shipped from bud's).

8. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

this might help:

http://www.gunbroker.com/user/DealerNetwork.asp

9. Bausk

Bausk New Member