SRS How to avoid "Friends Zone"

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Changed, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Changed

Changed Guest

So this girl that I have known for... 15 years (im 19) has started to look attractive to me, she has been coming to my parties, and she in general has been flirting with me. The other day she asked me to go get lunch but I was at work, so I figure she probably wants to go out sometime. Anyway, we pretty much talk every night on AIM before we go to bed. She text's me quite a bit too, just to joke around and such. Anyway, I was wondering what OT's take on my best approach to avoid entering the friends zone would be.

Are our AIM conversations going to fuck me over? :noes:

2. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

I'de say you need to decide if you want to be the friend she messes around with and risk just being in the friend zone or if you want to man up and go straight at it and tell her what you think. Either way, girls kinda suck and you're bound to lose...not to kill your buzz but that's what keeps happening to me :hsd:

It's trick shit the friends zone, right now i'm a nice guy that keeps on getting shoved off for assholes....dumb girl can take her asshole and get burnt for all I care...if that's what she does thats what she deserves.

Then again i'm really sore about it all right now.

3. 7960

7960 New Member

Either that or help your relationship along...one or the other.

I moved to a new town when I was 9. Becky lived 4 houses away. By the time we were 22 she was friggin *hot* and we started dating. It was very strange because we knew everything about each other, but it also made it kind of nice. The first kiss was very strange, but we got past it and dated for a few years.

edit:
    oh, and moved to appropriate forum

4. Changed

Changed Guest

I know this too well :hs:

Also, I am a nice guy, and she is a nice girl. I have gotten burned about 50 times before by being too nice, so I have been kinda acting like a dick or ignoring her sometimes, just so she doesnt get bored of me :hsugh:

5. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

Same. I find it hard to act like a dick to girls I like because that's truly not me. But I know, it's sort of what needs to be done to be "acceptable." I've been shoved off too..

As for your situation. To avoid the friend zone you should probably lay it out for her in the very near future. Meaning, like right now.. If you don't it might be too late. It could scare her off, but you probably want to run that risk, right? The more you let it sit the more chance it won't work out. She seems attracted to you also so take advantage of that.

6. Changed

Changed Guest

Ya, thanks for that advice. Last night we made plans to go to a basketball game tonight, so we'll see how it goes. I think she def. likes me, so I'll see if I can not screw this one up :mamoru: :hsd:

7. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its too late, when you are friends with someone for over as long as 15 years, its friends to stay. There's too much on the line anyway, if you two get together and break up 15 years get shattered as a be ridden relationship would drive a wig between you two and set you apart, i would initiate something with another girl in order to preserve this relationship that you have with her.

8. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

There is a chance they could mutually agree to a relationship. I've heard of it happening :dunno: I don't see it as completly hopeless.. but maybe just because I'm an optimist.

9. Changed

Changed Guest

No, its not like we have been freinds for the entire 15 years. (she is 20 Im 19) We both have lived in this area all our lives and went to the same school (same grade). She had a crush on me in middle school, and me being a pre-pubescent boy, shot her down. Just recently we have started talking again

10. mrfli1

mrfli1 New Member

Never let yourself get into the friend zone. I have one girl who is my best friend, and that is it. I don't think it's a good idea. It can complicate things when ur in the zone, and she may not feel the same way

11. High Voltage

High Voltage Guest

huh you already are in the friend zone

12. BlackHBDX

BlackHBDX The grey fixer

You have to let her know that you think of her as more than a friend, but you have to do it non-verbally and subtle. If you just pull her aside and tell her in your cowardliest tone that you like her, she is going to see you as nothing but a bitch. But if you show some confidence, (and you should have some around her because you know her well), and begin to ACT like more than a friend, you should be OK. For example, when you give her a hug, squeeze the small of her back and give her a kiss on the cheek and then Kinda play it off. Just pretend like it's the natural thing to do. You can use your knowledge about her as a friend to your advantage, there is nothing wrong with that. You already know her likes and dislikes. What makes her laugh, upset, etc. You can use all of that to your advantage. Just slowly work at her and wear her down.

13. Stemby

Stemby Whoooose House? COOOOOOOOOOOOGS HOUSE!

just avoid any conversation where she asks your opinion or advice and it doesn't directly envolve you