How to Associate .cue with Nero

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dethkrieg, Jan 19, 2005.

1. dethkrieg

dethkrieg New Member

I just figured this out so I thought I'd post it incase it would help anyone. CUE files are files that are used with .BIN files, .BIN files being a CD-IMAGE and the CUE file telling the burner how to burn that .BIN file.

1. Open Windows Explorer (CTRL + E) or Start>Programs>Accessories>Windows Explorer or right click on Start and hit Explore.

2. Goto Tools Menu: Tools>Folder Options

3. Click on File Types Tab.

4. Find CUE files

5. Click on Advaced

6. Either create a new action called "Open" by clicking new or change the action for "Open" by clicking it and hitting Edit.

7. Insert this in the "Application used to perform action box":

"C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\nero.exe" "%L"

where "C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\...." being where Nero is stored. You can browse if necessary.

8. Make Open the default action.

The "%L" is important because it finds the files in folders that may have spaces... not sure why Windows still has this problem, but if you leave out the "%L" and your CUE file is in a folder like C:\Documents and Setting\... it will search upto: C:\Document and say it cannot find the file because it stops at the space.

You can use the "%L" for other things too like for editing HTM/HTML files with Wordpad or Notepad... so do the same thing for an HTM/HTML but make the action an "Edit" action but do not make it the default aciton (unless you want to have that as the action when you double click on HTM/HTML files).

Hope this helps someone...

2. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter

Or right click a cue file [hold shift + right click in win2k] and do open with, find nero, then check "always use this program..."

dclick a cue file, and nero will run from now on.

3. Yep

Yep Knick knack paddy whack, give the old dog a bone

Werd when the hell will MS figure out how to traverse directories with spaces in the name?

4. dethkrieg

dethkrieg New Member

Woops, totally forgot about that, much easier lol.