How To Add Countries Not Currently Listed on iPhone?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CoCo, Sep 25, 2009.

1. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I wasn't sure if this was a Mac Shack or a Gizmos question, but you all were so very helpful before, so here goes...

:wiggle: I have successfully jailbroken and unlocked my ATT iPhone 3GS (thanks to you all), and have been happily using it in Ghana (Western Africa). I've noticed, however, that when messaging, it adds the country code of '+233' to every person who texts me, which (for some reason) disassociates the number from the person in my contact list... :wtc: It is very frustrating.

I first noticed that Ghana wasn't a supported country in the contact list, when all of my contacts now read USA for country when I moved them all to the iPhone from Palm Treo. I tried to change them all manually, but promptly realized that Ghana wasn't listed in the countries list, which is rather odd. :rolleyes:

I looked online, and found this => iClarified - iPhone - How to Add an Unsupported Country to AppSupport Using Windows. However, I have to admit that I have no idea what that is talking about; I became confused at step one when it asked me to launch WinSCP. :noes: I'm thinking maybe this is a really dated page, but not really sure.

:coolugh: I'm not a completely non-technical person (relative, I know), but I would think that being able to differentiate my US contacts from my Ghanaian contacts would resolve my texting problem.

Any/all help would be greatly appreciated. :kiss:

Thanks in advance!

2. CoCo

In hindsight, that was a lot of smilies... :mamoru:

3. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

Nice job on finally getting your files dl'd and your iphone JB'd & Unlocked!

WinSCP...use this tutorial from appleiphoneschool.com :)
    http://www.appleiphoneschool.com/tag/winscp/

You are using Windows, right? WinSCP is actually fairly easy to use.

4. CoCo

Oh, I'll check it out. I was actually under the impression that maybe winscp was an older program for the earlier iPhones.

But that actually does look fairly simple. I'll try it and let you know what happens...

:kiss:

5. CoCo

SUCCESS!