How the HELL to delete Mozilla cache?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by sho, Jul 30, 2004.

1. sho

sho Guest

I'm ripping my hair out over this! This is what happens:

1. I upload file A to server X on the internet.
    2. I download this file from server X with Mozilla.
    3. I REPLACE file A with file B on server X.
    4. I download file B from server X.

But...it's NOT file B I get. It's the same old file A which is downloaded! I check the temp folder and I can see file A appearing IMMEDIATELY when I attempt to download file B. So obviously file A is coming from somewhere on my computer. But WHERE??? I've searchd the main places and used Internet Sweeper and Privacy Eraser. NOTHING removes it. I simply can't find it.

But when I use IE, the correct file (file B) is downloaded. What the FUCK is wrong with Mozilla?

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

make sure the cache settings are set to check for new versions on every connection and change your cache setting to the minimum amount if you have a broadband internet connection.

3. sho

sho Guest

Well, checking for new versions only applies to IE, not Mozilla. I don't think that's the issue. But I'm wondering...since my computer is connected to a university proxy...that the original file is stored on the university server. And THAT'S where file A is coming from. What do you think?

4. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

ah. you didn't mention the proxy in your first post. i'd say the proxy is definitely to blame here. can you just rename the file each time you upload it and then when you're finally happy with it, change the file name on your machine to the fianl desired file name, upload it and delete all older/unwanted versions?

5. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

In your Mozilla preferences, there is an option for this. It's under Advanced->Cache.