How the hell do I get rid of these red spots on my face?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by SolidRanger, Mar 18, 2009.

1. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

OK I hope this is the right place to post this cause none of the other subforums seemed to fit.

I'm 22, I had acne in high school but by about 19 it cleared up. Now all of a sudden about 2 months ago 2 spots on my forehead (same spot on both side of my forehead, above the eyes) have started breaking out. It seriously took weeks for the breakout to clear up, and now I'm left with these red spots that just won't go the hell away. I've tried salicylic acid, I've tried benzoyl peroxide, and they just stay there.

Anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do to get rid of these red spots? I really don't want to go to a dermatologist cause it's a pain in the ass with the way my insurance works (university insurance). I'd have to schedule an appointment, wait a week just to get the doctor to give me a referral to a dermatologist, wait another week to get seen, so pretty annoying.

2. monkeymunzey

monkeymunzey Guest

3. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

I lol'd but that is exactly where the spots are....:eek4:

4. Phlab

Phlab OT Supporter

You really wanna go to the dermatologist for a post-zit blemish?

If you've had bad breakouts before you've surely gotta understand these. If I ever get a legendary zit and pop it and whatnot, the post zit blemish usually takes a hecka while to disappear, son

It takes a minute for your skin cells to cycle, die, and get rubbed off. My best recommendation is to exfoliate like a motherfucker twice weekly.

5. monkeymunzey

monkeymunzey Guest

...on a serious note, try using Vitamin E gel. It works like a champ on scars.

6. MichelleAnna

MichelleAnna let it be

mederma works
    clinique also makes a product for this very use

7. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

Actually I never really experienced this before which is why its so damn frustrating. When I was a teenager I basically had chronic acne all over my face, but when it cleared up it just basically went away, and didn't leave any blemishes behind and I've basically had great, clear skin ever since...until now.

I like the idea that someone said about Vitamin E gel or mederma. I'll have to give those a try.

8. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

Dude, thank you so much for the advice. I was gonna get the gel but my roommate mentioned that he had some Vitamin E gelcaps, so I took one that day and one more the next and now the red bumps are completely gone and I have a clear forehead again!

:bowdown:Thank you so much dude :bowdown:

9. monkeymunzey

monkeymunzey Guest

right on:bigthumb: