SRS How the fuck do people go through life single?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by UNvisible, Aug 15, 2007.

1. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

I dont know what the point of this thread is, but after being with someone for 4 years, living with them... Man i feel so lonely.. But not the depressed "lonely" that comes with breaking up with someone you love.. It's more like I crave the companionship that comes along with a relationship of that magnitude. The companionship you can only get form waking up next to someone every morning, and seeing them when you come home at night. it's a weird feeling.

i guess the people that have no problem being single either:

A) have not experienced that companionship yet

B) had such a suffocating relationship experience that the desire for companionship is over shadowed by an out right desire for independance.

Strange.

2. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

Either that or they're content knowing that one day they'll acquire such a relationship again, but in the meantime....

3. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

I guess I'm impatient :coolugh:

4. timmay556

timmay556 Jibilar

dude I know what you are feeling, and it is hard! I just tried to surround my self with friends and meet as many new people as I possibly could.

5. Roasted

Roasted New Member

I can relate. I was fine being single for a LONG time, jumped into a very intense relationship, and now, being single for 4 months now I'm about ready to strangle someone. Jumping into a relationship with the wrong person for the sake of it is bad though.

6. black jesus

black jesus OT Supporter

sometimes we don't have a choice in the matter.

7. ahtnamas

ahtnamas OT Supporter

Some people really are just content being alone.

My boyfriend is one of those people. He talks about how he's a loner and he is happy being alone, but for now he "prefers" to have me around. I'm not sure exactly how to interpret that, because it's not how I am at all, and I'm sort of wondering if I'm going to be disposable one day, since, after all, he can be happy being alone anyway. :hs:

It's hard to understand if you aren't that way. I'm not, I need companionship. So it's sort of depressing to hear from a SO. :hs:

8. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I'm all alone. It's very confusing because you don't have anyone to exchange points of view with, so you just see things from your own view and you can't understand why people do the things they do. I can't stand it, but I also can't bring myself to trust a girl in a relationship.

9. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

you learn to adapt.

There have been mornings where I wake up and in my mind I see my ex lying next to me...

10. lilcheen

lilcheen New Member

i always wonder how I've managed the last two years being single/no dating/sex etc after the end of a 3.5 year relationship. I'm over the girl, but i've missed the companionship every single day for the last 2 years.

11. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

it really sucks. I'm in the same boat. Its the one thing I want but can't have. And it sucks to see all your friends have what u really want. anyway good luck

12. c0dyblah

c0dyblah New Member

hobbies.....but then i just end up empty handed at the end of the day....and that feeling of wanting someone always comes back

13. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

I don't know how people go through life with someone.

14. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Take it day by day in hopes that it doesn't end horribly while enjoying the experience...?

You get used to being single, it's just a really dramatic change from having a live in SO so it takes time. Keep yourself busy, develop new routines/habits, hang out with friends more, meet new people.

15. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

I look at it this way (exceptions are made for those who recently broke up, because its normal to feel shitty and lonely after that).

How can you get along well and happily with someone if you can't get along well and happily with just yourself? You have to be independent. You don't want to be totally emotionally dependent on another person, do you? It's not healthy.

Of course I like hanging out and/or getting romantic with women. But I'm not going to go insane if I have a night by myself.

16. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

lol dude, you're fucked.

17. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

I'm definitely independant, and not having her isnt effecting my outward appearance of independance...

I think I just miss the fun/excitement of romance really.....:mamoru:

18. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

I love being single. No one tells me what to do, I don't have to clear my plans by anyone. All my friends are in shitty relationships and I just laugh and thank God it isn't me. The only time I wish I had a BF is when moving heavy stuff or figuring out why my dishwasher/car/something else isn't working.

19. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

I find dating screws up my life...

When I am single, I sleep well, I eat well, I perform well (work, school, sports, etc...), and I don't have someone trying to limit my life.

When I am dating (new or long relationship), I don't sleep as well, my eating habits can get screwed up easily, my performance is scattered, and when someone tries to put a limit on me, it normally doesn't end well.

So I have been single for the past year or so and I seem to be doing very well. I hangout with my friends, I have my dreams and goals, I still do random hookups/one night stands occasionally.

20. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

Nga plz. You obviously havent had a relationship worth a shit if you think that is all it's about.

Having a good relationship doenst involve "clearing plans" through your SO, or them tellign you "what to do"...

21. UNvisible

UNvisible New Member

I completely understand what you're saying... I'm in the same situation with my aspirations... but that doesnt keep me from desiring the companionship of another. perhaps i'm just trying to be greedy in life... I want to succeed in my personal goals, but one of those goals is to have a working relationship.

22. FSTMX5

FSTMX5 New Member

being single is ftw

i do what i want...when i want :coold:

23. Jack Horner

Jack Horner Guest

Being single is great. Who needs mediocre relationships? When I meet the perfect girl, I'll let her date me. Until then, my stock keeps going up -- that's the great thing about being a guy; we peak late.

:bowdown:

24. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

there's a huge difference between being alone and being lonely.

I've been in both and there are good and bad about both.

25. 97_ESi

97_ESi New Member

I think thats the thing I miss most. Thankfully I still live with my parents and have close relationships with my siblings, but still.

I miss having someone to talk too, or having someone asking how your day was. Or expecially cheering you up when your down.

I still think one of the greatest feelings in the world is KNOWING your being missed.

And ya like said before. Not really choosing to be single, just how it happens sometimes.