How the fuck do I keep my diet in check?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Peqkx, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peqkx

Peqkx Active Member

Mine has sucked since forever but I am totally committed and dedicated to my lifting and cardio.

If my diet was half decent I would be soo much better off than I am now.

Should I try appetite suppressants or something? more protein in the morning?

my target is 1,800 cals a day but i normally hit 2,300 to 2,800 cals and today i spiked (binged) to like 4,000 due to 3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

i will do more cardio to make up for this bullshit but I have no self-control towards food. any tricks of the trade to help out here?

2. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

pre-planning your meals and calorie counting?

3. Peqkx

Peqkx Active Member

i use fitday and have tracked like half a month or so...

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=Peqkx

still whenever i see junk food like brownies or cake i cant stop myself. i just gotta buckle down and stop being such a fucking pussy.

4. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

self control... quit bein a bitch

5. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

. I work at a pizza place 30-40hrs a week and get it free and manage not to eat it

6. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

yup, you pretty much answered your own question.

one key is to try and do your own food shopping and only buy healthy stuff so you don't have junk food lying all over the place. buy your own food, or get your own food and keep it seperate as possible from everyone elses crap.

7. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

i have to eat the same thing everyday and never have cheat meals

8. Steve325

Steve325 Guest

if you get a craving, drink something sweet but sugarless/0 calories

9. Peqkx

Peqkx Active Member

how about cookies and cream marathon bar for food?

10. LancerV

Something you miss about the zero calories....

11. Peqkx

Peqkx Active Member

just something sorta healthy that i can sub in for candy. i could drop other things to sub in something sweet.

12. Steve325

Steve325 Guest

I don't know the first thing about these things. I drink crystal light or propel when I get cravings

13. LancerV

So you get like two cravings, and thats 500calories of almost straight carbs. Might as well drink a coke or eat candy

14. Elfling

Elfling New Member

. Clean it out of your house. If you have to have it, tell yourself you have to go to the store and get it. A lot of times that will keep you from doing it :wavey:

Also, you don't *have* to eat super super clean. Look at Timber's log; he keeps his calories in check, keeps his protein up, and still fits in some food that isn't just oatmeal and boiled chicken.

Stuff that is trigger food for me- I've learned to just not buy at all. Nutella I can't keep around :rofl:

Plan your meals out ahead of time. Use fitday and calorieking (calorieking has better info sometimes but fitday is free). And yeah- man the fuck up :hs: It's hard, it can take a while- it's taken me about two years to get over binging and so on- but once you get it, it sticks pretty well. I've only had one uncontrolled meal in the last two months.

15. LancerV

Timber could eat a straight bloob of lard and would be shredded

16. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

It's normal to have days where you barely eat and days where you eat a lot more. That's what "normal" people do when they eat according to how they feel. It obviously isn't the right way since 2/3 of the people are overweight and half of them are obese.

17. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Fine, look at Chris3G. He started off pudgy and is now VERY respectably built. Same deal.

And before christophers starts in on me :squint: no I'm not saying you can eat 1g protein per lb and round out your diet with lard. :mamoru:

18. jshively

jshively OT Supporter

Try growing up in a family where fruits and vegetables was dessert and eating out was something you got to do 3 times a year. Past that it was all healthy food.

Seriously though nothing horrible was ever in my parents house. I carried that over to my house and rarely ever have junk food laying around (my roommate does but luckily keeps it in his room). Halloween time I kept candy around afterwards for a couple days but after that took it into work and threw it on the one receptionist desk.

Also, when you go to the grocery store never go hungry and always write down everything you need to buy. This way you stick to the list and I never walk down a junk food aisle because I never go aisle to aisle I go where I need to go and am out of there.

Mostly though it is willpower and if you crave junk food do something else and by the time you get around to getting it tada the craving is over. Like if I am craving crappy food I know I have to get into my car, drive, and get it. 95% of the time no way I will do it. Although it is ok to cheat every now and then keeps you sane.

19. lawrencel715

lawrencel715 New Member

i used to eat a lotta junk, and never made serious progress on my lifting for a year and a half. in the last half year of eating relatively clean, i've seen a change like it was night and day.

i used to eat a lot of chips and ice cream, junk food, etc. these never really made me fat, as i've stayed at 155lb for years, but since stopping, the fat that i did have turned to muscle. i stopped buying junk whenever i went grocery shopping. bad snacking turned into meals. i have peanut butter on wheat bread instead of junk. i also have some edamame, beef jerky, or tuna with corn whenever i do want to snack.

it's not hard, you just need to train your mind i guess.

20. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

FRUIT

21. Soupy

Soupy "What is comforting and what is true are two entir OT Supporter

In addition to the obvious stuff like pre-planning meals and cleaning out your kitchen, figure out where you can sub-out better choices in place of things you just can't give up. If PB&J is your thing, those frozen Uncrustable things are a reasonably sized serving without having to face temptation by opening the PB jar.

22. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Frozen fruits get sensibly sweeter and take a longer time to eat too so that's a plus. Any kind of frozen berries is highly approved, especially blueberries.

23. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

put the fucking fork down?

24. LancerV

I dont eat pizza with a fork though

25. cazzone

cazzone OT Supporter

1800 cals. FUCK THAT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.