MIL How strict is the Marine Corps...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Socrates, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Socrates

Socrates New Member

On most of the stuff they tell you to do when in civilian attire. Do any of you Marines actually keep your shirt tucked in all the time? Or do you actually stay stationary when talking on a cell phone?

2. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

I cant say from an overall standpoint since I dont have my EGA yet but I can say from what ive seen while visiting my uncle a few times. Whatever you do DONT wear your PT gear if ur not PTing I saw this one poor guy get fucking REAMED for doing but luckily it was only bc it was an emergency with his wife and my uncle and a bunch of the SNCOs got in the other guys shit for bein a dick about it. Be careful tho bc there are probably a lot of guys like that Sgt rollin around.

3. DaRkPhAnToM

DaRkPhAnToM FML OT Supporter

yeah same thing for army, after 9am pts are a no go

4. Capitals

Capitals Guest

It all depends.

You'll never see a Marine in uniform walking and smoking/talking on the cell phone. You will get your ass chewed out for that. Remember though that rule is only for when you're in uniform. It's 100% ok to walk around and do shit out of uniform.

You can't go anywhere on base in anything but civies or full camies.

If you're around the barracks you can wear pretty much whatever you want. I always throw on PT gear at 1630 just to chill. I've never heard anything about no PT gear if you're not PTing. You just can't go anywhere with it on.

They pretty much did away with the tucked in shirt thing. Proper civilian atire is no earrings, if you're shirt is made to be tucked in it has to be or if it goes down below you're crotch. No jeans with holes in them. But once you get out in town no one really gives a fuck as long as you don't look like a fuckin homless bum.

Still if you're unit does somthing to piss the CO off really bad he could always go by the regs which would suck. Proper civilian attire by actual order is clothing that resembles the charile uniform which is slacks a button up shirt tucked in and dress shoes.

Fuck that shit.

5. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

In my experience (navy brat, active duty air force, and lots of relatives in army and navy) the bases overseas adhere to a MUCH higher level of personal and professional standards.

ibdarkphantomrant

6. Capitals

Capitals Guest

I'm over in Okinawa right now and my previous post is pretty much how things are right now.

7. NPH

NPH Guest

Civilian attire - As long as you don't look like a fucking thug, you should be good to go.
    The PT gear thing.. don't go into any type of business (Exchange/PX, barbershop, etc) in that attire. You're asking for a chewing. Anywhere else is fine.. who's gonna say something when you can easily say you are on your way to PT or coming back from it.

Technically, unless you're wearing a jersey.. you should always tuck your shirt in. I see this rule broken the most. Unless I'm wearing a polo shirt, I don't tuck my shit in either as it'll make you look :greddy: IMO.

Basically just have a clean appearance (shave, haircut, etc) and don't act like a fool. You'll be good.

8. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

You can walk around with a celly, just not in uniform. It's a :nono:

I don't always have my shirt tucked either, but I don't go around looking like a bag of shit either.

Use common sense.