SRS How soon to say sorry?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Slickismax, May 30, 2007.

1. Slickismax

Slickismax New Member

Let me start off by saying that this is not about a dating relationship. It is about a friend/coworker relationship. Basically, this guy started at my work about a year and a half ago. It's a small place (only 7 employees) and we often work with each other. We've become decent friends, and this weekend we were all out at the lake on the company boat that we just finished working on. We got into an arguement while I was driving, and I ended up losing my temper. I made abrupt turn at 30mph or so and the seat that his wife and my friend were sitting on broke. His wife scratched her leg pretty bad. Everyone was pissed at me, and I was in shock a little. I never lose my temper; the last time I can remember is over 10 years ago. Anyway, everyone wanted to go back after that, and I pretty much ruined everyones weekend. I apologized to my friends later, but the new guy and his wife left right as we got to the dock, and I didn't apoligize to him until this morning. It was pretty much awkward the rest of the day today. Did I wait too long to apologize? I'm not good at apologizing, but I am trying to get better at it. Most of the time I just try and justify it by blaming something/someone else. Basically, I want to make myself a better person.

Cliffs: Got in argument with co-worker, his wife got hurt becuase of my actions, waited three days to apologize, help me not be a douche bag.

2. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

The best time to apologize is when you realize you've done wrong. I do think you waited to long, but I suppose it could be worse. Just be as honest and up front with him as possible. "I lost my temper, and that hasn't happened in a long time. I feel awful for what I've done and I hope we can make amends."

3. Liquid_Vitamins

Liquid_Vitamins New Member

If it's still awkward after you apologized, you may want to let him know that you think you waited too long to apologize and that you know you should have said something sooner.

4. awdboost

awdboost New Member

:werd:

Thats how I feel. Explain to him you really lost your temper and that rarely happens. If its still ackward or weird tell him you realized you waited to long, but didn't know how early is to early to say sorry.

5. teo

teo . => ? => !

Say your apologies and back it up with your actions, but also realize it's up to him to forgive. Once you're sure he knows your feelings about the matter, back off and give him space.