how soon is too soon to tell a girl you love her?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SeanVR4, Mar 10, 2005.

1. SeanVR4

SeanVR4 Guest

:o we've been dating officially for 2 months,yet she's known i've basically been in love w/ her for years though. do you think its too soon to say it to her face? :o

2. Vegasoutkast

Vegasoutkast New Member

do you believe she feels the same way?

if not, wait until you know!

3. SeanVR4

SeanVR4 Guest

well we've known each other for a long time. we were very close friends for about six years before we started dating, and she's always known that i've been interested in more. i dunno, i really want to tell her, but something tells me that i should wait a bit longer :o

4. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Follow your instinct then.

How would you feel if you said it and she didn't respond with an "I love you" too?

5. SeanVR4

SeanVR4 Guest

honestly, thats why i'm waiting. i mean, we're really close... things are going great between us. we just had an amazing valentine's day last month, we see each other quite often considering both of our extremely busy and opposite schedules.. i think she loves me, but isn't "in love" with me yet, you know? :o

6. Vegasoutkast

Vegasoutkast New Member

follow your instincts

7. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

My bf and I agree--always let the girl be the first to say those words.

8. SeanVR4

SeanVR4 Guest

well that goes against everything television has taught me :hs:

9. jdog12

jdog12 New Member

2 months 3 weeks 13 days 8 hours 45 seconds... after that you can safely tell her.

10. SeanVR4

SeanVR4 Guest

:eek3:

11. cwm

cwm OT Supporter

:rofl:

12. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

TV and movies are written buy men. in reality girls want to be the first to say it

13. BlMMERGUY

BlMMERGUY New Member

dont say it spray it

no dont say it unless you control the relationship. let her say it so it will be special to her. (chicks like that kinda stuff) btw saying i love you may be nice but it's not that manly/macho and that's what the girls really like deep down..

14. TheDude

TheDude Active Member

Dude, like everyone else says. It should be natural. If you feel like you should tell her but are having doubts, wait until there are no doubts left then tell her. As for her saying it back to you, well thats another story. Some people aren't as ready to open up or don't quite have those feelings so soon. But that doesn't mean you can't tell them how you feel. Love is supposed to be given unconditionally, you shouldn't ever expect to get something back from it. Obviously you want your S/O to tell you she loves you back but if she didn't that doesn't mean she won't. I know when my current girlfriend first told me she loved me i wasn't sure weather or not i was in love with her and she didn't care. She told me that is how she felt and she wanted me to know. I really liked the fact that she told me and wasn't worried or even cared that i didn't say it back to her. I told her that i loved her about a month and a half later when i was sure. This girl is going to be the girl that i marry. I know it she knows it. Goodluck and don't sweat it too much!

15. weakone

weakone New Member

Yeah, then it's better to wait. When I first told my boyfriend I loved him, he didn't respond with anything back. He just wanted to hear it. Took him a while to say it back, which kinda hurt. I don't know if I should have waited, but I think in your case, waiting is the best thing to do.

16. Jester

Jester OT Supporter

Absolutely. Wait for her to say it. Otherwise, your relationship might fizzle out in a month or so. It CAN happen that fast. By the way, don't smother her, and try not to think about her all the time. Take a small step back and analyze the situation from a somewhat distant perspective; you'll know what to do. :bigthumb:

17. laracroft

laracroft teh croft

Then you should probably wait. Give it another month or so or wait until you feel 100% comfortable saying it. And yes I think that you can "say it" first. Not all females feel that they have to be the ones to say it first.

18. hayte997

hayte997 Guest

Don't listen to this dumbass! Everyone knows you should wait til 3 months 5 days 2 hours and 17 seconds while eating cheese hanging upside down.

19. shady5

shady5 Guest

dude if she feels the same, she knows how you feel. Let her say it...

20. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Wait for them to say it.

21. Ghostaz0r

Ghostaz0r With my ego, I can stand there in a Speedo, and be

:nono: what if both partners are waiting for that?

Just drop it and see what she says...its not the worst of things if they dont feel the same way after only 2 months, once you are together longer is when it should come out more

22. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

6 months!

23. white lightnin

white lightnin New Member

I waited about 3-4 months. I didnt plan it. It just slipped out one day and she reciprocated so everything was kosher.

24. Original

Original OT Supporter

You shouldn't be asking if it is the right time.

When it is the right time, everything will feel perfect and you will just say it. Don't put a date to it :hs:

25. SeanVR4

SeanVR4 Guest

yeah, i guess that makes sence.

its just tough to hold it in. i've loved her for like 6 years, but i've only had 2 months to sort of explore my feelings w/ her. make any sence? :o