SRS How should this be done?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 311-420, Feb 3, 2007.

1. 311-420

311-420 New Member

Been seeing this girl for 2 months now, if thats what you want to call it. she calls us bf/gf but i just never had a connection with her, other than a physical one. she calls throughout the day and texts and its getting annoying because i know for a fact it will not go anywhere past this. she really likes me, i think she even said that she loved me once. i want this to end now, but i dont wanna break her heart. Is there a way that i can get her to break up with me so i dont have to do it? I mean, Ive been very distant the past few days and she left me a voicemail today saying she's scared she gonna lose me etc., so i think she's getting a hint.

i'd really like it if i felt like i did something wrong, that way she could have an excuse to end it and i wouldnt have to...gdman, does any of this make sense? haha

2. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

I know it's hard for you, but I think that you should be the one to call her and simply tell her that you want to end it. It's not a nice thing to do to get her to break up with you, sort of like leading her on. Things could get messy that way: just man up, call her, and tell her how you feel. Or meet up with her.

You'll feel better afterwards

3. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Don't call her... but you have to end it face to face. You're only going to hurt her if you lead her on even further then you already have.

4. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Be a mature adult about it. Tell her that it's over, and that's that. She WILL get upset, so do it someplace where you can walk away. But don't pussy out and not fucking talk to her. That's immature, disrespectful, and just plain childish. You're in an adult relationship with her, so it's totally cool to take a deep breath and do the right thing.

On a side note, you *could* just tell her that you like what you have, but that she's being too clingy which is unattractive. Ya know? Tell her the truth and all? Crazy, but it might help things. ;)

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Wow...I don't get people sometimes.

You are distant and want to break up but you don't want to hurt her feelings....as if your distance/attitude towards her isn't painful at all. You are merely dragging out the pain. It's in smaller doses but it's spread out over a longer period of time. In the end, it'll usually be more painful because of all of the previous pain + pain from the break up.

Be a man and end it properly. Or have a talk and try to work things out. Don't be like sooo many college age guys that are too chicken shit to simply break up and move on. That's pathetic.

6. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Do what everyone else has said: Break up with her in person. You've pretty much been leading her on for two months, so she will get upset, and rightfully so.

Come one, if you knew you only connected with her physically, you should have told her right off the bat, instead of stringing her along

7. 311-420

311-420 New Member

i havent tried to lead her on, she just kinda took things into her own hands and made it what she really wanted, i guess.

i know, this is immature. gdamit.

i just moved 285 miles away and cant exactly tell her face to face anymore...so...it'll have to be on the phone, although i would really like to see her when i do it.

8. 311-420

311-420 New Member

how can she possible think it'll work with this kind of distance?! i dunno..

9. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

:werd:

10. 311-420

311-420 New Member

ok..it has to be done...tomorow when im sober...thanks ot