SRS How should sex be viewed?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by familyguy101, Jul 23, 2007.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

Currently, I view sex really seriously. Probably because I've never had. How do you view sex? What are your thoughts about having sex with a stranger that you meet at a bar?

2. Takitome

Takitome New Member

It's a need
    My thoughts? If you want a one night stand why not?

3. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

^ DAMN!! :bowdown: ^ Easily the best response I've ever seen.

No further posts needed...

4. Frontclip2200

Frontclip2200 New Member

aquakittie said it the best i think you could

and i wish that i diddnt hold it up on such a pedastal as said.

5. Arclight

Arclight Hypercube

Flawless victory. :07: too :cool:

6. kEVOgt350

kEVOgt350 Like a flashlight on but lost, my energy's there b

It sucks that casual sex is so risky. Takes all the fun out of it :\

7. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

There are three kinds of sex: Sex, making love, and fucking.

Sex is pretty much the act, with the goal to pretty much get off and that's it. It's the all encompassing term. See also: casual sex.

Making love is about contact, intimacy, romance, connection, beauty, closeness, beauty, tenderness, passion. See also: sex within a relationship.

Fucking is raw power, energy, loud, primal, hardcore, wild. See also: fuck me fuck me fuck me.

I think that about covers it.

I think it is very common for someone who has never had sex to view it as something sacred. I certainly did, and I held that view for the longest time. I still do, though a part of it has chipped away over time as I realize how devalued and, I dunno, commonplace, sex is. Some people dig casual sex, others prefer making love/fucking within a relationship. I fall into the latter category, because I prefer having an actual connection. It's much safer and more fun, too.

8. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

how commonplace is it? What are the chances that it is going on around me, between people I know, more than I think?

9. kEVOgt350

Depends how old you are and the kind of people you hang out with.

10. calisteph6

calisteph6 Active Member

I've never had a one night stand or even a casual sexual relationship and I'm 25 (but not a virgin). I don't look down on people that do...I actually sorta envy people who can seperate sex and emotions, as I can't.

11. JasonKnight

JasonKnight OT Supporter

agreed

12. kEVOgt350

A casual sex relationship is hard to maintain as one person tends to get more attached. I've had a couple one night stands and they aren't all they're cracked up to be either. Gotta use protection and you're basically limited to vaginal sex since most girls won't let a random guy poke em in the ass and oral with a condom is just plain retarded. Not to mention you always run the risk of catching something. However, the heat of the moment and spontanaity of the situation can make it a lot different and more exhilirating than relationship sex.

13. Marmitha

Marmitha Milk ftw

i don't think theres much else to say.

14. Marmitha

Marmitha Milk ftw

on a personal note, i take sex seriously as well. I've had it with one guy. We went through a lot of shit and he ended up having sex with someone else while he was with me. This put me through a lot of emotional problems that still affect me to this day. I never realized it at first, but after giving myself up to him I had become a lot more attached to him. But after he shot me down I felt completely dirty and used. But dropped him the fact that he could share something I held in high regard with someone he didn't love just made me see who he really was.

After this experience I took some time off to recover and I still hold sex as something sacred, but still something you can enjoy of course :d. If you're a nymph, that is ok. Sex can be taken as something completely physical and its alright to love, enjoy it and experience different parts of it. Just don't hurt others in the process :hsd:

15. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

i too view it seriously

16. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

I feel being a virgin is a burden on me at 24. I keep thinking, once I actually have sex, I will be liberated and my confidence in the girl department will skyrocket.

how true is this?

17. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

That depends on the rest of your ideals/values.

If you're a traditionalist, you'll hate yourself for just losing it to someone you didn't give a shit about.

If you're more modern and liberal in your views, you shouldn't really find anything wrong with it.

I feel as though you should examine why you're still a virgin. Is it by choice? If so, I'd really recommend maintaining that until you find someone that you connect with. If it's not by choice, I'd go back to your views to really determine whether or not getting some strange as your first time is really the way to go about it.

18. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

And for the record, I was very idealistic, and viewed sex as sacred until I lost it. I was 22 when I lost my v-card.

I was waiting for "someone special", but in truth, I was waiting for the girl I loved at the time to tell me she was ready.

When I lost it, I was shitfaced drunk, but deep down inside I knew I loved the girl I was with (the girl that came after the other one I was waiting for). I was so conflicted about it all, and wound up spending too much time dwelling on the fact that I didn't lose it to the girl I wanted to, and fucked a lot of shit up in the process.

I don't like casual sex, or sport fucking in general. I've been with one chick in a casual fashion, and let me tell you -- it's fucking EMPTY feeling.

Sex is SO much better when you're in a loving/caring relationship -- it enhances the shit out of your intimacy, and allows you to feel that much closer to your partner.

And now that I know that, and snapped out of this immaturity funk I've been in... I've reverted back to my original line of thinking, in that it should be sacred. And that is how I shall remain.

19. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

I was brought up in a religious background where they taught us masturbation/sex was taboo.

When I came to America, I refused to talk about masturbation because it felt so embarassing. And i felt sex in general was embarassing. I think this played a part (in addition to the fact I was a foreign Asian in a white school, no game, no luck, nothing)

20. ///M Pilot

///M Pilot New Member

Well, with that being said...

How do YOU feel about it? Do you agree with those values? In part, in whole, or not at all?

21. andymodem

andymodem Ambitious, but rubbish.

That pretty much sums it up right there. :o

22. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

The older I get the more I realize that I care about sex more. Not the act itself, but who it is with. Since I made the mistake of having it young and with whomever I pleased I sort of feel guilty, but at the same time not. I've learned from my mistakes and now realize that frivolous sex is honestly not that great. Sure, you can have great casual sex, but it doesn't reach the same level as the great sex that happens when you really love someone and they know you and learn what you like.

23. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

I stopped treating it like taboo and just embraced the fact i'm human, i have sexual needs and wants.

I think once I lose my virginity, a whole burden will be lifted off of me. Like i don't have to feel embarassed when the question ever arises, and trying to change the subject or keep quiet.

I feel like a really late bloomer.

24. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Love sex in a relationship > any other kind of sex

25. eu4ia

eu4ia Active Member

before i first had sex i was under the impression that almost all my friends already had and i was falling behind and that there must be something wrong with me because i hadnt been laid before. after i did it i found out about half of my friends havent had sex, a few of them could have but chose not to for various reasons.

once i lost my virginity at 21 i thought although it was kind of later than most people that i finally had done it and i could stop feeling like something was wrong with me

first three girls i slept with i wasnt dating, pretty much one night stands. the 4th and most recent girl i slept with i was dating and i really cared about her, and even though the relationship is over i still really care about her and wish i had waited to sleep with someone that i had alot of feelings for.

so yes having sex will be a cheap thrill and make you feel superficially better and might even get you a few pats on the back, but for me i wish i had waited for the 4th girl that i really cared about.