how should I play this?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by God of Thunder, Aug 16, 2009.

1. God of Thunder

God of Thunder New Member

This past thursday, I was at a bar where I play guitar. I asked this gorgeous waitress at the bar for a corona, she got one, brought it to me, and when i grabbed it, i dropped it. So i helped her cleaned it up and then we started talking. We spent pretty much all evening talking to each other. I found out she goes to the same university as me which was cool. She explained what she wanted to do, and asked me questions and it was fun. Anyways, towards the end of the night I asked her if she got her books yet. She said "no" and she was going tomorrow, and i explained to her that id be down at the school tomorrow, we should meet up and have lunch. She said "I can't because im leaving directly after to go on a float trip" and I took this as her blowing me off, so I just said 'ok'

shortly thereafter, she comes up and is talking to me again, i then proceeded to ask "if you didn't have to leave tomorrow, what would your answer be to lunch?" and she smiled and said 'maybe' and i said ok...

so before i left, i came up to her and i said "I was wondering if maybe you'd wanna trade numbers and then we can "MAYBE" try to make that lunch happen at the beginning of the week"

she said "huh? why don't you just ask me for my number and we'll take it from there!"

so i said 'ok' and she gave me the number! Anyways, she told me to text her right away so she could get my number. I text her and when she closed the bar we had a quick convo that went like this

HER: I got your number :)
    ME: it was awesome getting to know you tonight
    HER: (she took forever to respond) sorry, i was doing my closing stuff, but you too!
    ME: Its wierd we not only go to the same school but live practically down the road
    HER: Yeah thats crazy
    ME: So i have to ask....favorite disney movie? (she said she loves them)
    HER: The lion king lol but I like A LOT of them. You??
    ME: Believe it or not, the lion king is my favorite. That an aladdin
    HER:haha, aladdin is like my second fav! What the hell

she proceeded to ask what types of music i liked and stuff.

Anyways, the next day i sent her a text that said i was leaving my house to head to the bookstore and maybe i'd see her there. She never responded....so several hours later i sent one that said 'well, have fun on your trip!"

and she responded and said "okay thanks! Sorry me and my freind already went there. But have a good weekend!"

I haven't talked to her since because I don't wanna be overly needy or anything, but I was wondering OTs thoughts on this and what should my next move be?

2. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I would cut the texting shit out until I had a real, solid date set up. :dunno:

So yes, your next move is to pick a day (and a back up day) and call her and tell her you want to take her out. If she backs out on both days, I'd take that as a sign she's not interested. And, if she baulks on those days, I would end the conversation with "Well, ok, well how about you give me a call when you are free?" and leave it at that.

3. God of Thunder

okay, so i don't know when she gets back, so since class starts on tuesday, should i try to call her on tuesday afternoon? or is waiting from friday-tuesday too long and she might think i lost interest?

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

You're over thinking this. You don't know for sure when she's back, so calling prior to the start of classes would be stupid (considering you DO know when classes start and presumably she'll be back for that). As for her thinking you lost interest, the fact that you're calling her at all says you're interested.

Just chill.

5. God of Thunder

okay, now next question, whats a reasonable time frame to ask her.......? if I call on tuesday is wednesday too early?

*tryin not to blow this one

6. Beezure

Beezure Go Lightning!! OT Supporter

don't call, don't text, wait for her, or if you run in to each other chat it up, but other then that, i personally say wait for her, otherwise it comes of as being desperite.. just my thought :dunno:

7. God of Thunder

wait.....you think its desperate for a guy to call a girl and ask her on a date?

8. Diesel66

Diesel66 My standards for women is like rent-a-centers stan OT Supporter

calling/texting other than specifically asking her out.

9. MossMan813

MossMan813 New Member

Sounds to me like you're trying to hard. You've initiated conversation:

1. when you first met her
    2. when you asked her about the date again
    3. texting

This is all in one night. Relax, she'll come to you if she's interested.

10. Spaceering

Spaceering I bite.

just do whatever you feel to be normal. Getting out there doing this and getting in situations like this will improve you. You are going to make mistakes and have many a loss, but getting out there and messing up and learning will get you comfortable with how you play this and future situations. Most people are different in how they play things which could change with experience or vary with personality.

pixels are not too good for interpreting anything. I would see about talking to her more, and even better, interacting with her in a social setting.

so just fucking do it dammit!

forget about pixels! The only pixels worth anything are those formed in a picture of you two together having fun somewhere! Text is worthless and not useful for getting to know someone.

11. God of Thunder

well thats why it was basic stuff about movies/music/etc. You can't really get to know someone unless you spend time with them in person.

12. BlazinBlazer Guy

You're over thinking it again....

13. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

agreed.

agreed.

14. Rumbaar

Rumbaar Inherent Omniscience OT Supporter

From the night you met, she was in a zone and liked you. But on further time and thought she's just not that into you.

Yes, wait for her to make the next move. But you seem to play guitar at the place she works at, see what happens next time you two are there.

15. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Jesus Christ some stupid advice i've read.

Bro, it was friday, you said classes start on tuesday?

Give her a call tuesday night, ask her how first day of classes went and see if she'd be interested in getting a coffee or something later that night.

/thread

Everyone here is over analyzing. Its a fucking bartender not a goddamn model.

16. Abomb

Abomb New Member

/thread

17. just_another_on

just_another_on New Member

Glad someone see's it this way also.

18. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I agree as well.

19. Abomb

Abomb New Member

one of the best policies I adopted when I was single was not to call or text unless i was setting up a meet.

20. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

YES! finally someone understands.

21. Abomb

Abomb New Member

why risk friend zoning yourself for no reason????? go hang out with some guy friends or masturbate in the mean time

22. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

I agree, if you come out of the box too strong being too needy and clingy you are just asking for the friendzone, you can still text her but just leave out all of bullshit small talk, save that for a date or alone time.. if she doesn't respond DO NOT text her again, that shit is annoying.

23. God of Thunder

there's the advice i was after! thanks guys

24. saosko

saosko OT Supporter

:h5:

25. BlazinBlazer Guy

So really, you just waited until someone gave you the answer you wanted to hear.... that's effective. :hsugh: