How reliable are used Range Rovers?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Sideways, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Sideways

Sideways Do I look like I give a damn?

I need a winter beater and you can get 96-99 HSE Range Rovers for $20,000 and under.

Maintenance, reasonably obtainable parts :dunno:

2. schuke

schuke Guest

$70k depreciates to $20,000 in 4 years? :ugh:

3. kpxgq

kpxgq Guest

$20k != beater

4. bummerd00d

bummerd00d Throbbing Member.

they're buick designed blocks around '99, not too bad, but dont expect repairs to be cheap....i'd only buy one b/c i have no problem doing most of the repairs myself. if you aren't "car" inclined i'd steer clear

5. Sideways

Sideways Do I look like I give a damn?

there really never was a huge market for Range Rovers, hell within 25 miles of me there are 20 used RRs forsale. There are some insane deals for 98-99s with very low millage right now.

6. griff01xj

griff01xj Guest

I would buy a 93 or older without the Electronic Air Suspension. When the EAS controler goes, and it usually does it costs close to 2 grand to get it replaced and that is just in parts. Its acutally cheaper to get a 4 coil kit from a rover parts place than to replace the EAS controler.

And before you say the 93 or older is too old, those trucks in good condition while at first appearance have a very dated interior they still have a ride to die for and are more comfortable than most new cars and trucks.

I've been looking at 95 classics because its orginal body style with the Series One Discovery dash. I think the orginal body style is one of the most timeless SUV designs ever. Then i was going to take the EAS out in favor of the 4 coil kit.

IBclueless17secciviccrewsaysitstooboxy

7. smell my finger

smell my finger strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,

run, run far away