How quickly do YOU see (mirror) differences?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Stilgar, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stilgar

Stilgar New Member

I don't mean muscle gains or fat loss gains or anything like that.

I mean if you go out drinking, or slip on a day and stuff your face.

It takes me quite literally 1 day to notice bloating in my body. I have been maintaining a strict diet for about 8 weeks now while lifting, but yesterday had to attend a farewell party for my family who are leaving. At it, of course, I joined in the festivities, had a few high cal drinks (Pimms) and ate a lot of small goodies like cocktail sausages and crisps and all that jazz.

Lo and behold, there are definite bloating effects this morning. Strangely enough, it is most noticeable in the forearms. This has been a consistent thing through my life - especially with drinking, but with eating it's noticeable too. If my caloric intake varies too much in either direction (up or down) in just a single day, I can notice and see differences within the next day.

How quickly does your body change? I understand we'll have our fair share of people who can binge drink on a friday night, spend the entire weekend cheating, and then hit the gym monday morning looking like 7% BF.

2. TZ

TZ Banned

i would guess you could see significant differences in pro bodybuilders ..when they're in competition shape , if they were to eat the wrong foods or w/e before a contest. but for normal people not carrying that much muscle and not that lean, i doubt you would be able to notice anything like bloating, or whatever...even though people on f&n mention being bloated all the time, its prob just bc their bodyfat is high... :mamoru:

3. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

i dont notice anything

4. Stilgar

Stilgar New Member

I find the easiest way to tell is vascularity. I mean, after a heavy night of drinking, no matter how hot or how hard I exercise the next day, I just don't have the same level of vascularity that I would've had pre-drink.

5. CREMATOR

CREMATOR New Member

parody?

6. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

i look 3-4 lbs lighter in the morning ... does that count? :mamoru:

7. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

how? broly cant hold his liquor :greddy:

8. slurpster

slurpster FLESHY FLAP VALVE NAVIGATOR OT Supporter

on a good day i can do this, but it depends on how much fiber i've had. :gfight:

9. hootpie

hootpie New Member

I notice it the morning after a really heavy meal, but it's mostly water retention because it goes away in a day or two.

10. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

I've been cutting the past few weeks and I can tell a difference in my ab defitnition almost every week.

11. POONTANG

POONTANG skeet skeet

i just eat whatever i want as long as its relatively healthy and the size of my hand. do that every 4 hrs and you'll be fine unless you're hardcore into bodybuilding for competition or something.

gains are easy to see after working out because it takes a few hrs for the pump to wear off

12. Doog

Doog New Member

Im with you, if I go out drinking then come home and grub the fuck out I can defintely tell the next day.

13. knucks

knucks Active Member

Meh, water weight..
    Sometimes I wake up in the morning and am looking lean, throughout the day bloat up or whatever, later before bed I am back to being lean w/ vascularity in shoulders/biceps and some tri/bi separation.

14. Stilgar

Stilgar New Member

I definitely experience this too. It's the eating after the drinking that does you in.

Water weight... is that simply what it sounds like: water retention? I got major problems with that in my forearms and calves after a heavy binge. I get similar loss in vascularity - the vein running from wrist right through to shoulder along the top of the bicep becomes far less noticeable in my forearm after a binge. Same with vascularity along the pelvic bone.

Do you mean that the definition fluxuated up and down, or you are seeing continued progression in one direction?

It seems strange that some bodies should be more greatly affected by water retention than others. Strange, yet makes sense.

15. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

every 2 weeks the first 2 years

16. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

Before/after pics during a certain timespan is the best way to gauge progress.

You see yourself in the mirror all the time every day, you're not going to notice that much difference each time.

17. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

I can't see *that* much difference in the mirror but it's always other people who say "oh you're looking bigger since the last time I saw you."

Only times I really notice is after ONE drink and lots of water on the previous evening, I wake up much leaner. I also noticed less water after I started AIFM.. but aside from that I can't tell much in terms of size.

Seems that the bigger I get, the skinner I feel and imagine myself in the mirror :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.