GUN How or can you ship hanguns out of state??

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by offthahook, Feb 4, 2004.

1. offthahook

offthahook New Member

My mom's friend's husband "tried" to kill himself (he's an alcoholic) awhile ago. Weak attempt, but the cops took all the guns out of the home. So he goes and dries out for a minute and the police return the guns. His wife wants to ship the guns to a son in Texas to get them out of the house. I'm sure hubby could buy more, but she wanted to know if she could ship handguns legally from Indiana to Texas. I didn't think you could ship guns at all, but maybe UPS would do it OVERNIGHT only. Anyone know for sure?? Probably no ammo, just handguns from IN to TX.

2. Dubtastic

Dubtastic { OG }

i would try contacting the local post office and telling them that you want to ship some guns and ask what the requirements are.

from what i read somewhere else, you have to lock the gun and ship the key to that lock in a different package. however, that could be wrong. the best thing to do is contact whatever vendor you wish to use and ask them about their policies.

3. Ry-Ballz

Ry-Ballz This sucks, change the channel

You'll have to ship it to a local firearms dealer for them to verify that the reciever can legally posses the guns.

Anything she might want to sell?

4. offthahook

offthahook New Member

No, she won't sell them. I don't think she knew they existed until he tried to act like he was gonna kill himself. Yeah, I just read that only dealers can ship to other dealers, or agents of the law... Damn, she oughta take them to the police and get them destroyed.

5. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

NO!!!! Don't let her destroy them!

6. Furner

Furner New Member

you can ship them to yourself in another state. other than that, they need to be shipped to a federally licensed firearms dealer.

7. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

yes, you can ship to an FFL out of state without having to have another FFL do the shipping. inside the state of GA, you can ship firearms from one person to another without involving an FFL, but i don't know if other states are the same.

8. Ry-Ballz

Ry-Ballz This sucks, change the channel

Let's get some sales to OT brethren