How often do random people compliment your physique?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Alias, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alias

Alias OT Supporter

Last week some black guy at a bar asked me "how did you get big?" and was asking tips and shit then said I was "looking good" (no homo :hsugh: ) and left...

Then earlier today I was at the store and some black guy said "man I could tell you been to that gym... lookin good bro, stay with it, stay wit it"

I can't say more without sounding like I'm bragging but I was just wondering how often it happens to you guys? I don't feel like I've gotten any bigger lately :o

2. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Active Member

Rarely.

Although some dude at the gym the other day seemed nervous but finally asked about my diet and how many cals i take in to stay big and lean. Turned out to be a cool kid and seemed to know enough to have an intelligent conversation with.

3. smb is me

smb is me New Member

back when i was super lean people would ask me all the time: are you going to do a competition? When are you going to do a competition? or tell me that i should do a competition. now, not so much :(

Of course what all these people failed to realize was that my legs were pathetic.

oh yeah, and the fedex girl used to compliment weekly, lol. I have since switched jobs and no longer see her.

4. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

comments not compliments :wtc:

5. Alias

Alias OT Supporter

I think it's about 50/50 "damn you're tall" or "damn you're big" with me if you're talking about comments :hsughno: and people calling me "big guy" instead of "buddy" and shit like that :o

But I did know I was getting bigger when people started asking me if I played football instead of basketball :rofl:

6. Alias

Alias OT Supporter

Ask them if they jockey horses or play mini golf :rofl:

7. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Active Member

The worst was a week ago.

Im getting off work (personal training) in my work clothes, and getting a couple supplements at the store in the gym, i get a good discount, im trying to figure out if i want to get Shotgun again or try White Flood.

Some random stick figure looking kid comes over, 120lbs soaking wet and points at the Size On and goes "Ive tried that, got my bench from 225 to 315, good shit" I just look at him and nod.

Then 2 seconds later he points at the Nitro Tech and goes "That shit got me big as fuck too. Get it."

Really dude??? I was at a loss for words and had to just go home. Got my supplements the next day.

8. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

9. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

My coolest/best compliment..

This past summer, I had a woman maybe in her late 20's or early 30's come up to me at Wal-Mart as I'm checking out and ask me if she could feel my arms.

10. Ish

Ish New Member

never, unless they remember what i looked like in high school :mamoru:

11. Alias

Alias OT Supporter

I hate that shit too... or when a friend says "XYZ-random-bullshit-faggot-who-doesn't-know-anything told me I need to do ___________" when it completely contradicts what you told them recently.

Most people I don't care about, eventually they're realize that there is no magic set of exercises that has to be done at some magical rep range with magical rest intervals and just get in there and lift heavy and eat big, give up, or stay small :rofl:

12. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Never. Probably because I do not look like I work out.

13. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

BRO MY COUSIN USED NO-XPLODE AND BENCHED 700LBS

14. quamen

quamen New Member

even though i am small, going from 150lbs with 8- 8 1/2" biceps to 180-185 with 15 1/2" biceps I actually got alot of positvie feedback. Since i own a business and bascially know most people in town, they all know what i used to look like

Was walking in Walmart, one of my customers who i haven't seen in like 2 years, walks by me and kinda just stares at me. I pass him, and he turns around and says " I didn't recognize you, can see you started working out, something to that extent made me feel really damn good.

I was at shop rite and another customer i didnt see for like a year, said wow you look great, did u start working out, kinda made my day.

Even though I am below the average size or look normal now, it was nice making those big changes and people noticing. Pretty happy i was able to put almost 8" inches on my arms in 2 years, and gain about 30lbs of leaner mass. My bicep was just about the same size as my forearm when i started. Also my personal trainer when i started but 20 lbs on the bench, which i got up about 3 times. Even though i can still only bench a little over 200 lbs, i feel i am going in the right direction still.

15. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Dude you didn't have 8" biceps at 150 lbs. Nigga you high or somethin.

16. danzaslap66

danzaslap66 New Member

Was gonna say the same shit, I would figure the bone in your arm is 8" alone

17. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Happened a lot more when I was leaner, but still get random compliments.

18. nrgyserboy

nrgyserboy New Member

I only get compliments from people I know and I don't really count those. I've been asked how I got my calves so big before from a couple guys working out at the gym. That was about it.

19. quamen

quamen New Member

yes i try to dig up the picture somewhere, i was absolutely pathetic. Being 6'3" that was my measurement, i believe the left was 1/2" bigger. I remember i was able to close my hand pretty much all the way up to my arm pit around everywhere, to the point the fingers were touching. Had a job at the home depot at the time, if you familiar with those boxes of nails, i couldn't life one box that had about 20 smaller boxes insides on the shelf. I only ate like a bowl of cereal in the morning and dinner at night. Made a change when i pulled up to a gas station pump, that someone else was waiting for and i did not realize this. This over weight woman got out, and for about 5 minutes said i was the skinniest piece of shit she has ever seen ,and i might get blown away in the wind. I joined the gym very soon after.

20. lil*o*g

lil*o*g If it wasn't for repost, I'd miss out. And, most t

At least once a week. I get football player, military, or boxer comments a lot too.

21. Creator

Creator The Creator Has a Master Plan

Some decently big black dude at the grocery store said he wants to look like me once he gets back at the gym. And wasn't kidding. I had just got out of the gym from doing a crazy bi/tri day so maybe i was looking swole, but shit I'm not very big.

But a big WERD to the fucking idiots who talk shit about protein powder. Fat chick at work always makes fun of me. Christ.

22. Sylva

Sylva New Member

working in the night club industry, probably every day lol

23. daballer2005

daballer2005 New Member

get a lot more stares than comments.

24. Mass

Mass Active Member

im pretty sure I've told this story at some point in here before but I was at a Walmart and I walked past these 2 older black women probably in their mid 50's and I hear one say to the other "Mmm Mmm Mmm, white boy been workin out! yummy!"

25. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

I was at choir practice at church and had to sit in the alto section (where the ladies sit) because the bass section (where i usually sit) was full. So I'm sitting there singing...we stand up to sing.. and this really cute girl was like, "why are you doing that?" I say, "doing what?" she says, "puffing out your chest like that" i smile and say, "i'm not puffing it out...that's just how it is." feels good man. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.