how often do people really cheat on eachother?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by peoplescar, Oct 23, 2007.

1. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

I am in avery serious relationship and could never imagine doing it and neither can my SO. all of my friends haven't cheated, and all my SO's friends haven't cheated.

but i hear about it all the time. OT has scarred me lol.

I get the feeling the cheating mostly happens in relationships that are based off of sex rather than emotional connection. like sex buddies that hang out with eachother lol. or relationships that involve people that arent right for eachother. i need some light shed on this because i couldn't imagine the people in a relationship that is going well cheating on eachother.

2. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

It depends on the person really.

But in my experience A LOT of people cheat. I've been cheated on, I've "helped" girls cheat :hsugh:, most of my friends have cheated on their SOs. I personally wouldn't, or at least haven't in the past and would like to think I wont in the future, but I stay single for a reason - so I can meet new people and not have to worry about cheating on someone.

3. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Yep, it happens A LOT. Even with married people. I'm not proud of it, but Ive had sex with girls who were in a relationship, and have had a FEW married women that wanted to hook up(I'd never go there).

4. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

were these people in good relationships? over 1-2 years?

i've been with my gf for over 4.5 years

5. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

were they whores in general though or were they normal upstanding people in good relationships?

6. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Everything from 6 months to 5+ years.

Hell the one couple is now engaged (they stayed together after the cheating :ugh:)

Most of the couples don't know that one or the other (or in a few cases BOTH) parties cheated. So they are still together because the other partner has no clue (I know, but it isn't my business so I don't say shit)

7. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Normal everyday people.

8. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

They cheated on their bfs, so I guess you could call them whores. Girls are VERY sneaky... if you didn't know they were cheaters, you probably would never think they were whores. And girls cheat for various reasons... most common seems to be when the guy doesnt pay them enough attention.

9. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Yeah I feel the same way. OT has has made me a little more paranoid about relationships and cheating. There are so many stories about people who either got screwed over or who cheated and come on here and brag about it. Makes me wonder if their SOs just don't see the signs or if people really can hide it that well.

10. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

i can see that... its tough with my gf and i so far apart. she goes to school 2 hours away. I have complete trust in her. she is always saying how much she misses me and all. i guess if she really was a sneaky whore i wouldn't know, but thats what trust is right?

11. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

A lot of people are really good at hiding it. The odd sign might be there, but the SO would probably have to be paranoid about it already and spy/search/snoop just to pick up on it :dunno:

12. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

That's what I'm afraid of. I don't want to have to be a paranoid snoop in order to find out my relationship isn't doing as well as I thought.

13. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

So don't. Obviously don't be oblivious to the signs, but no point in worrying about something that probably isn't happening to you.

Because if you did do the paranoid snoop shit and got caught, and your BF wasn't doing anything that'd probably be a good reason for him to drop you because you had no trust/faith in him

Kind of a double edged sword.

14. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Yeah I've known quite a few people that have cheated or are currently cheating. It's sad but it seems to be very, very common. It's interesting, I've seen people go from hardcore cheaters to now they're monogamous and vice versa.

None of these people stand out....they are just normal people and some are very popular in their social circles. Some have lots of money, others not so much. Some are alcoholics and some aren't. It really does happen all over the map but nothing makes these people stand out as cheaters to me.....there are times I've been shocked when they reveal that they are.

Me personally, I don't like cheating and I don't ever want to engage in it. It's really not my style.

15. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Yeah that whole "once a cheater, always a cheater" thing I think is kinda BS. I mean yeah if they did it once the odds are greater that they can do it again, but I know people like you said that used to cheat and now couldn't even if given the chance.

16. Coottie

Yeah exactly. There are some that are really just going to cheat no matter what but my experience has been that when someone starts addressing the other issues in their life, their desires to cheat just kinda dry up and blow away.

17. peoplescar

peoplescar Guest

yeah i can see that. my gf and i have just never had the desire to be with anyone else.

18. Coottie

:ugh:
    you can delete posts you know

19. demosnat

demosnat New Member

You will never get a good answer to this question.
    I have never done anything unfaithful, one of my girlfriends is incapable of not fucking anyone who looks at her twice, and you'd never know by looking at either of us.

20. demosnat

demosnat New Member

I have that problem. I was NEVER like that before. But my ex, who I trusted, for no good reason really, was doing heroin behind my back, stealing, talking to women he promised he wasn't, etc. And had i just, glanced at his internet history, or gone through his desk drawer (in our house where we both lived, and I currently live) I would have saved myself a lot of debt, emotional shit, time, etc.
    I have made the decision to continue to trust the people i choose to be with, although I am a little more cautious with whom i'm with, and pay more attention to instinctual, 'gut' feelings. But its been tough, to not become a suspicious bitch.

21. kiri

kiri New Member

i've never really understood cheating TBH

if you want to fuck someone else... why not just break it off with whoever you're with?? :confused:

if i even felt like i wanted to fuck somebody else, i'd know something was wrong with my relationship. i have a no tolerance policy with cheating. i would never do it and i'd never put up with someone who did it to me.

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Why couldn't they?

23. demosnat

demosnat New Member

Probably just couldn't bring themselve to :dunno:
    I used to have no problem, when single, having totally unemotional, unattached sex, one time, and never bothering with that person on that level again. One day, my FWB came over, and I realized I just couldn't do it anymore. I was disgusted at the thought of him even touching me. And i'm realy not sure what changed, but I do know, that at this point in my life, I would be utterly unable to have no strings attached sex.

24. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

What demonsnatch said

25. demosnat

demosnat New Member

:rofl: if i didn't know better I'd say you were Jkidss umpteenth AE

:squint: