how nosey are you?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by antihero, Aug 22, 2007.

1. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

Just wondering how 'curious' everyone else is?

If someone gets a text msg while they are in the shower would you look to see who from? would you read it? would you ever read through the msg's in someones phone?

If you stay over and get left alone, would you poke around at all? drawers? computer? if they left their email/myspace logged in on your computer would you be able to resist temptation?

Left the new girl alone at my place and I spent all morning hoping my thread from the other day wasnt open :noes:

2. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

If my boyfriend is in the shower and his phone rings or he gets a message, I usually answer the call if I know who it's from or yell in to him that he got a text, to which he'll tell me to read it and see if it's important.

He's pretty damn nosy though. Doesn't really bother me though because I have nothing to hide. :hsughno:

I'm sure she didn't find your thread. If she was going to do anything she'd probably go through your drawers and whatnot.

3. Emfuser

Emfuser Nuclear Moderator Super Moderator

I'm not nosey with her stuff at all.

I believe if she wanted me to see something, she'd show it to me. She's never given me a reason to be suspect.

4. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

but im afraid it might have been up, so if she just decided to check her email or myspace or something and turned on my monitor... doh

the other day she left her myspace logged in, but it was pretty easy to resist temptation and just log it out.

I'm not super concerned about it, but it just made me wonder. We had that thread a while back where the girl was all freaking out after reading some guy she just mets txt's.

5. fray

fray New Member

I was nosier when we first started dating... and only after I accidently (I swear) saw a call to his ex on his phone. then i snooped... and really only that once. The temptation was hard to resist for a while, but has gotten better.

I look at his phone anyway now if it ringing or something, because I want to see if it's something important, and he'll tell me to check anyway. Hell, if it's his parents he practically insists that I answer it... then I let it go over to voicemail....

edit: I should say that I was never very nosy (worried and curious yes, took steps to actually snoop, no) until the previous bf, where the situation started similar to seeing a call to an ex and turned out to be much flirting and weirdness. So, that's why I was more aggressive with it this time.

6. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Yeah but she was immature and it was their second date. She shouldn't have been going through his stuff and she shouldn't have been shocked or pissed when she saw he had texts from other girls because they had just started seeing each other and weren't exclusive.

What did you say that you wouldn't want her to see? Link to thread in question?

7. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

"crazy how complicated things are sometimes."

:noes: its really not a big deal because the sex issue has been amicably resolved, and we have discussed almost everything from the thread. still... after i left the house i was just thinking "self, you really should have checked what you left open on the computer." myspace/ot/email etc.

8. verdiocchi

verdiocchi Oh snap!

Meh, I wouldn't worry about it. Update later on her wrath if she found it.

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Do not get caught.

Checking new txts is impossible to do unless you can reset the phone to show "one new text" and have it appear as "unread." As far as I know, you cannot do this on any cell phone.

10. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

you are fucking pathetic falconer. learn some self discipline

11. lauren

lauren Active Member

:rofl: personal experience?

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Speaking objectively.

If you're going to snoop, it goes without saying that you shouldn't get caught. Otherwise it's not snooping.

I was objectively stating that you cannot read a "new" text message and not get caught.

13. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:rofl: I was thinking the same thing. You can get away with reading old texts but not new ones.

14. Two toys

Two toys New Member

you can read new ones as long as you delete them after you read them and he/she doesnt know that they recieved them.

and to the OP

I honestly cant remember if I've snooped. Probably because I haven't had any relationships last long enough to care to snoop.

I'm the kidna guy that has secrets and is always worried about people snooping on me though hahha.

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

But then you get screwed if:

a) the person who sent the (now deleted) txt asks the receiver about it (like "hey, how come you never replied to my txt?")

or

b) the person checks their phone bill for txt history and discovers the missing txt (not that common but some people do it, especially when they suspect someone of snooping)

16. ware_ru

lol. dude seriously how can you live with yourself when you can't even keep small commitments to yourself

17. Two toys

Two toys New Member

answer to

A) I have texts not come through all the time, its just the way phones go (and i know nobody is snooping on me because i dont have a girlfriend and i'm the only one who ever has my phone)

and

B) WHO THE FUCK CHECKS THERE PHONE BILL for that kind of stuff lol. honestly i dont know any girl smart enough to think (oh blah blah blah sent me a text and i never got it, lemme go check my phone bill when it comes in a month later and see if i can find it on the bill)

18. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

naw, if you feel the need to snoop around and check on shit than you obviously don't trust the person you're snooping on...or you're a nosy prick.

19. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

do you have nothing better to do with your life than troll all his posts in here? :hsugh:

20. ware_ru

i put effort into helping people here and god knows most of my massive posts arose out of responses to falconer; so when i see that the very same people who ask me for help and some of these guys even PM me asking for advice, but then they not only don't take my advice, but can't even keep a SIMPLE, EASY commitment to THEMSELVES for god's sake, i get pretty pissed off and hope that hounding their ass for a little while might get them to stick to THEIR OWN goals. But you're probably right, it's futile with these guys