LGBT How non-stereotypical are you?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Team503, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Team503

Team503 Guest

See title. Give that OT came from H-A.net, I'm curious how many car/bike guys/gals are here, and in what other manner you guys are non-stereotypical.

I'm pretty completely non-stereotypical other than the fact that I like twinks. I dig punk and indie rock, ride a sportbike and drive fast cars, don't like dancing, play guitar (aspiring to be a rAWk star)...

What about you?

2. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

I drive a Volvo thats somehwhat fast. I like foreign guys...and I dont like twiggy club-ites (dating anyway) Im into say, more of the Sean Astin type .... (dreams)

3. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

I restore cars, go racing on professional tracks, surf during hurricanes, party w/ politicans and am into the guys who are straight acting.

I like guys, not girls trapt in guys bodies.

4. Taylor

Taylor Guest

I'm into cars, dirt bikes, boats, and airplanes. Grew up on a farm. I tend to express a little more of the stereotypes when I'm at college because it's the only environment in which I've always been out. Around friends from home, even the ones who know, I act pretty straight.

5. spiffy_badrock

spiffy_badrock I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

you keep avoiding me, suckmyexahust....get up here sometime....this place is boring.

6. mamoru

mamoru New Member

Hmm...well, I'm tall thin and attractive, so immediately I'm labeled as a stereotype.

I play violin and piano, my hobbies also include cars and planes. I drive a miata that I take good care of (even do some of the work myself!) :mamoru:

I'm an English and linguistics major (autogay?) and I dress well.

I keep my body hair all over (I might be the only hairy thin guy this side of NYC)...so that's rare. People usually stare me down when I'm wearing shorts (cause half of chelsea shaves their legs anyhow!)

My body isn't in awesome condition considering...so I guess that makes me straight in the eyes of gay men :rofl:

7. Team503

Team503 Guest

Cabana: I know damn well who you are, boy. We hung last time I was up there, remember? CSi > j00!

8. mamoru

mamoru New Member

FUCKING WERD.

If I wanted to date a girl, then I'd date a girl...I'm "straight" acting for the most part...but I have an opinion about everything, and you can obviously tell I'm "different"

Hmm...some of my other hobbies include sailing, polo and tennis...

the latter two are probably really gay... :o

9. LiekOMG

LiekOMG New Member

Jenna Jameson's School of the "Performing Arts"
    I'm probably as non-stereotypical as they come. I'm a computer nerd who's aspiring to become a video game designer. I could care less for cars, fancy clothing, clubbing, and the whole "gay scene".

Most of my friends were completely shocked when I told them, although I personally feel i'm kinda obvious, especially if you get to know me and I open up a little. I *could* act really gay if I wanted to, but I don't see the point, and it just doesn't feel like me.

AMEN!

10. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

I'm pretty average. 5'9" 160lbs, somewhat athletic build. Asian, but like white guys (long story :mamoru: ) I was actually on OT site since the H-A.net days, under a different SN.

Stereotypes are a pretty stupid thing IMO, especially because the lines are becoming so blurred nowadays. But if I had to make a guess... I'd say half of me is stereotypical and the other half isn't...

Stereotypical...
    - I like shopping and take better care of my appearance than most of my straight friends (Half of them are pretty sloppy and can't match clothes to save their lives. The other half have become metrosexual because of my influence).
    - I hate watching sports on TV. It bores the crap out of me.
    - I spend a lot of time in the gym...

Non-stereotypical...
    - I'm into cars and work on mine frequently.
    - I like playing sports.
    - I spend a lot of time in the gym...wait...

It's funny this topic came up though. There were articles in the past couple issues of Genre and Instinct about the "straight-acting" gay man. They were both pretty good reads, but unfortunately short.

11. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

I don't really fit the stereotypes, other than when it comes to home-decorating. Then I really stroke my gay-gene all over the place. :mamoru:

I'm into cars and hard-rock and heavy metal.:hsd:

12. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I don't think I'm stereotypical anything (unless I can stereotypically be 'CoCo'). I don't like fitting in any mold; blending in is for the mundane, and I'm certainly not that.

I can be 'str8t acting' --I pulled it off up through high school-- but no longer choose to. I didn't know a damn thing about cars until on of my girls showed me how to change oil, tires, breaks, and batteries (...but I still opt to pay to have it professionally done ;) ). [Remember, I'm the one that got hated on OT for commenting, when a friend's car broke down and after seeing his engine: "No wonder it broke down, it's filthy in there".] Yes, I keep a very clean engine, and don't have a single leak --freaking out my mechanic, who claims that every car including new cars has some sort of leak somewhere (which seems inherently wrong to me).

I don't speak with a lisp.

There was a period when I was obsessed with the gym, initiated by Ferron, and then perpetuated by two hags, buuut then my schedule got to congested, and then that stopped.

Although I don't consider myself feminine at all, I have great skin and when my brows are arched, my face transitions from 'handsome' to 'pretty', but I don't really mind.

Because of the whole NA thing, I don't really grow facial hair, keeping the same peach-fuzz atop my lip as I've had all of my life. No real body hair except my groin, and barely under my arms.

Eliciting hate from both my grams and my mom, I've maintained manicured locks. (I'll post of pic of my hair in high school at some point--waay different.) Now, with hair that falls midway down my back, and that's actually maintained, everyone usually loves it.

I speak well, actually utilize my intelligence, freely comment on damn near everything, can occasionally be a classist snob ((secretly) known only to my close friends, family, and now OT), and can transition from 'kind; nice' to 'bitch' rather quickly.

13. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Honey, that is NO secret :rofl:

That's why we get along so well ;)

14. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

Aint that the truth.

15. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Eh sometimes sometimes not.

I'm from HAN...it's my original e-home other than autopia. And I not only like cars, I actually work on them given the chance (time!).

16. PurpleSplat

PurpleSplat Guest

I need to spend more time away from this site.... I thought you said "hard-cock" :embd:

Either that, or I really am starting to catch teh ghey. :o

17. Ferron

Ferron So yes, I'll see you there.

... :rofl: . Damn, but it's true.
    -CoCo

18. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

meh....hard-cock...hard-rock, it's all the same. :naughty: :naughty: :x:

19. mamoru

mamoru New Member

I'd be more concerned with Ferron catching the CoCo

:eek3:

20. Taylor

Taylor Guest

:bowrofl:

21. Ferron

Ferron So yes, I'll see you there.

WHAT!

CoCo was a very gracious host and everyone ended up in their respective beds.

And I got my revenge for all of CoCo's CoCo moments :mamoru:

22. PurpleSplat

PurpleSplat Guest

I'm starting to see a trend with your replies to me. :eek3:

I'll be right over, be nekkid, hard and on your bed before I get there! :o

23. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

ohhhh ohhh ohhhh can I join in?
    :x:

24. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

This thread really bothers me.

Why do we have to care if we are straight acting or not?
    Why is the point of this question except to try and divide us and pigeon-hole us... which is exactly what we attack straight people for trying to do to us.

This thread promotes discrimination within our own group and that's wrong.

25. suckmyexhaust

suckmyexhaust New Member

It is not a topic here to divide us, but to give each other a personality check so to speak. I was suprised to see that CoCo could wrench alittle on his own car.

And if I may ask on how this would promote discrimination?

**I am trying to not come off as rude or snappy here, please don't think that of me**