How much

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by BrianFantana, Jun 12, 2007.

1. BrianFantana

BrianFantana Active Member

Around how much would a 69 or 70 chevelle ss in decent condition run me these days? I've heard the market for them is slowly going up. Just wondering, because I'm going to be purchasing a car within the next year and the chevelle has always been one of my dreams.

2. NEp8ntballer

NEp8ntballer New Member

define decent. running and driving, already resored, drivable work in progress, etc.

where you live is gonna be a big factor, depending on the amount of cars of that type in that condition in the area is gonna be a huge factor in the price.

3. FrankieSixxxgun

FrankieSixxxgun New Member

4. pdb574

pdb574 New Member

I've seen ss clone drivers go for 15k easy. I'm guessing around 35k.

Like the above stated. www.cctol.com

5. AlbinoMuntjac

AlbinoMuntjac New Member

You've got the trim, years, and body style nailed down. You need to pick the model (1969 and forward the SS package was an option package, and not a separate model like previous years) and motor. Check this out for a lot of in-depth info: http://www.chevelles.com/shop/ss_ident.html

6. Jeff R

Jeff R New Member

If you're looking for one that's already been restored then the extreme low end would be around $35k for an SS. If you're looking for something that's just "drivable", probably 15-20k...but you'll end up putting $30K (maybe more) into it to make it the car you really want. Unless you're experienced with restoring & rebuilding old Detroit iron and have a lot of connections, your best bet is to save up your money and buy the car you want already restored. Trust me on this...old cars can be a huge money pit. I am into old cars...I have a 1970 Trans Am...I know things.

7. Fabian

Fabian Active Member

Fuck, I have a 74 Formula awaiting full restoration as well :hs:

8. CastorTroy

CastorTroy New Member

'69 or '70 SS, the two most popular years, you're looking at some money. Read the SS identification link posted above if you want a genuine SS, theres more cloned SS's out there than the real deal, some people are open and mention it, others can only be determined by experts. The market is big for Chevelles like a lot of muscle cars, I've seen them sell for $500 to $160,000, it all depends on year, options, condition, location, etc.

When you find one, or even before you purchase, make sure to join chevelles.com 's forums, a lot of good folks there that can assist on specifics. I'm the proud owner of a '72 SS :)