How Much$$

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by jjski78, Feb 20, 2007.

1. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Ok, so the wife and I recently traded in our 2005 Scion tC for a 2003 VW Jetta. Don't ask, she wanted it. But it's black, and it has some light scratches and what appears to be some sort of overspray on the front. I've tried polishing compund and my $20 buffer, to no avail. These scratches and other stuff won't come out. So, now I have a tax refund coming to me, and I figured, my best bet would be to leave it to the pros to restore the paint, then I can just maintain it. So my question is this...roughly how much should I expect to pay for this?? I don't want/need them to detail the interior, just the exterior. And am I right that if I have it done professionally, I should be able to maintain the finish myself afterwards?? I'm no noob to polishing/waxing, just wanted some professional insight.

2. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

$100 - $150 depending on where you are located and the severity of the paint defects. Its easy to maintain once you have a clean slate to work with. Wash properly and apply a wax/sealant when applicable.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Agreed. $100-150 for wash, clay (to remove overspray), polish and seal. Either look in our pro detailer thread to see if there is someone in your area, or register at http://autopia.org and post a detailer request in the proper regional forum.

4. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Cool, thanks a lot guys. I looked in the pro detailer thread, and the closest to me is in Charlotte, NC. That's over 3 hours away!! Hopefully I find someone closer.