How much will it cost to repair the scratch on my LCD screen?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by AstroHud, Nov 25, 2009.

1. AstroHud

AstroHud New Member

I bought this $250 monitor and I made a mistake by moving it to my friends house to lan. I put in the trunk and as i was closing the truck the bar connecting the trunk scratch the screen. Shit happens, I know. How much will it cost to repair it?

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I wasn't aware that you could fix a scratch in a LCD screen. Here's what a quick google search turned up.

Code:
    There is a way though of repairing a scratched LCD screen though that is inexpensive and very easy. All you need is Vaseline petroleum jelly to fill the scratch on the LCD screen. This very simple remedy works because the optical density of Vaseline more closely matches the LCD face compared to air.

All you need to do is to clean the surface of the screen and then take some Vaseline and fill the scratch with it. Gently wipe off the excess Vaseline taking care not to wipe too forcefully so that you leave some inside the scratch.
    More?

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Scratch-on-an-LCD-Screen

3. AstroHud

AstroHud New Member

Thanks for the info. I noticed the 4th step;

"Voila. Hypothetically, this works because the optical density more closely matches the LCD face than air. However, it can make the scratch more noticeable."

4. Fase

Fase Your Face, In A Pickle Jar.

To fix an LCD is to replace it.

5. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

I had my scratched monitor fixed by these guys:

http://www.moniserv.com/

They did a pretty good job on it... I don't know what their pricing on their service is anymore, so you might be better off replacing it

6. AstroHud

AstroHud New Member

eraser trick worked. I thought i messed it up more after I was done erasing it because there was big smudges but I was wrong. I cleaned it off with water and now I can't see the scratch. I feel like I just did a magic trick! Thanks for the thinks dudes.