how much time is too much time to hang out with someone?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by killerZees, Mar 13, 2006.

1. killerZees

killerZees OT Supporter

I went away with my gf and my sister from wed - saturday, then went out to dinner with her last night, she spent the night. Now she wanted to know if i would like to hang out tonight and watch a movie. Is this too much hanging out?

2. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

What the hell kind of question is this? There's no such thing as too much time hanging out. If you want to go, go. If she wants to go, go. Only you can judge this aspect of your relationship. Nobody else can tell you how much time is too much or too little.

3. elizard

elizard New Member

Far too much. Rule #17 says "No hanging out with the gf more than 4 days in any given 7 day span."

If you want to go see her and hang out with her, then go for it. If you got something else to do, or you don't feel like seeing her then tell her that.

4. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Relationships are meant to inhance our lives, not become them - anon

Someone posted that on here earlier. If you feel this is inhancing your life then do it. I personally think that would be too much time with someone, but I'm more a lonely passive man. If both of you two are enjoying it then I dont see whats wrong especially since it is your gf. If this was a friend it might be different.

5. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

If you want to and she wants to, do it :)

6. BlazinBlazer Guy

:ugh:

7. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

There is no limit, know that unless your planning for it to end in marriage more time together isn't necessarily a good thing.

Women like to chase after things and like independent men. Don't schedule your life around hers.. Schedule your time with her in your already exsisting schedule.

Be cautious but no time can be too much it varies couple to couple.

8. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

The answer to the original question is anything over 4 hours and 49 minutes each week is too much.

9. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

just be happy she isnt tired of YOU yet....

"too much time" is different for everyone, there is no standard. Do what you feel comfortable doing. Its your relationship, not OT's...

10. BlazinBlazer Guy

:rofl:

11. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

:squint: It works for me. I keep a stop watch on whenever I am in the same room with my husband. Whenever it hits 4 49 he has to leave until the next Monday morning.
    Keeps the marriage healthy and from becoming stale from spending too much time together!
    :mamoru:

12. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

it's whatever works for you. personally, i'm a very independent girl that just loves to have time to myself... to think [or not] and to veg... alone!

i had a relationship in which the guy i was dating would spend every weekend with me. we had opposite work schedules, so the weekend was guaranteed time that we could spend together, but i got tired of not having time to be alone.

on the other hand, i dated one guy for years and he and i were so comfortable with one another that when we were in the same state (long distance relationship), we were always together. i never got tired of him at all. i loved being around him all the time, whether we were relaxing on the couch watching tv or out and about doing something exciting.

it just depends on the two of you. however, keep in mind that it's not healthy to only spend time with your SO. i don't know how many friends that have dropped me when they get boyfriends (and girlfriends). it's really annoying... especially when they come crawling back when their relationships don't work ;)... don't forget about the other people in your life that love their time with you :)