How much should i sell my current laptop for? v.craigslist

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bcr821, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Bcr821

Bcr821 New Member

Dell 700m

1.8 Centrino
    1 gig ram
    80 gb HDD
    12.1' widescreen display

Dell recently replaced the screen so it's a brand new LCD screen plus i bought a new extended life battery like 2 months ago. It's in great condition just 4 years old :hsd:

I just bought a netbook so i won't need this anymore. I was thinking like $100ish?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  2. dissonance

dissonance reset OT Supporter

Based on craigslist ads I've seen you can try for $50-$500.

I wouldn't pay more than $50 for it personally... That's assuming its the original battery and a single core centrino.

3. Bcr821

Bcr821 New Member

Not the original battery, i replaced it like 2 months ago with a new extended life battery (like 4-5 hours of battery life). It's a single core since the laptop is 4 years old.

I wouldn't pay more than 50 for it either considering how old it is but it's perfect for someone that needs a laptop for some basic stuff. I was figuring I'd load it up with Ubuntu and OpenOffice and brag about it being ready to go for school and work. Don't know if that will help but its free so :dunno:

Actually i'm going to sell it to my roommate for $50 if he wants it, but if not i'm going to throw it up on craigslist. I woudln't even ask more than like $250 for it. I'd feel bad :hs:

4. dissonance

dissonance reset OT Supporter

With a relatively new battery I'd go for $100 then. Make sure to state that though.

As for loading Ubuntu, you'd be better off with Windows XP on there. You can still load openoffice on XP.

5. Bcr821

Bcr821 New Member

Yeah, i know. I don't want to put a pirated copy on there though. Actually I bought this laptop with Windows XP Pro so it has the key on the bottom. I guess i could include that. Should i ask for more because it includes a copy of Windows XP Pro? Of course I'd install it on there for when they picked it up.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009