How much should I pay for a 98,99 ninja zx-6

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by crazy__mike, May 15, 2002.

1. crazy__mike

crazy__mike Guest

So far I don't know alot about the bike. I own a 1997 ninja 500r, and would like to step it up a little without going all out crazy. I don't want to pay out the nose for insurnce and all. Plus I've been riding for only about a 1 1/2. SO how much should I pay for a ninja zx-6, no modes as I can tell, parked outside with out a cover, but still looks pretty good. I've been calling the guy but he hasn't been calling me back. The bike is located in austin tx, if that helps.

Thanks michael

If anyone owns the bike tell me what you like about it, or don't like about it.

2. Dragknee66

Dragknee66 OT Law Enforcement Crew

Im a proud owner of a 2002 ZX6R.

For a 98 or a 99 i wouldnt pay more then 4-5K.

My boss just bought a 99ZX6R (black color) for 4,500. Think it had like 4k miles on it. Has a fully muzzy, jet kit and some other goodies.

If it has been sitting out in the weather though, TAKE IT IN BEFORE YOU BUY IT to have it checked over! Depending on how long it has been sitting.. the carbs could be gunked to hell and might have other problems.

Other than that... hmm.. nothing else i can think of.

:drool: --> ZX6R

3. crazy__mike

crazy__mike Guest

Do you for how much???

It seems like everyone is selling there bikes. I just had two of my friends lose there rides because of bills and stuff.

4. crazy__mike

crazy__mike Guest

Why did you sell them off??

Do you have plan's to purchase another bike or did you just need the cash?

5. Y2K-6R

Y2K-6R Guest

I have a 2000 ZX-6R for sale right now for $5300 - only problem is I live in Wisconsin....bike is in perfect condition though!!