How much sex per week.. long term couples 2+ years

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by synthetic, Nov 17, 2008.

?

times?How many

1. < 1

30 vote(s)
    24.0%
  2. 1-3

52 vote(s)
    41.6%
  3. 4-6

27 vote(s)
    21.6%
  4. > 7

16 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. synthetic

synthetic New Member

I noticed a decrease big time, I was wondering how many couples here that live together or have been dating more than 2 years where they see each other every day at least 4 hours or so, how often do you have sex per week....?

2. snoodles

snoodles New Member

i've seen a major decrease as well. i'm not sure if it's because we both have gotten really busy, or what. i think it's also normal. i mean, you start to get comfortable and used to everything. in the beginning it was new sex (fun and exciting), now it's just sex.

3. snoodles

snoodles New Member

then again, what's the drop? 14 times a week to 7 times a week isn't that big of drop, but 7 to 1 is fairly big.

4. Toxica

Toxica New Member

I'd say we have sex about 3-4 times a week.

(Been in relationship for over 6 years and I see him every day for a lot of hours.)

5. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

I voted 1-3 but it's more accurately 2-4. It depends on a lot of things, mostly being his schedule. I'm a strict 9-5, but he works in the Navy and it's NEVER just an 8 hours shift. If he gets Duty on weekdays and a weekend off, we usually have sex Friday, Saturday AND Sunday, sometimes twice in a day. If he has Duty on a weekend day, we'll have sex on whatever day he has off. During the week it's hit or miss, depending on if he's home, how tired we are, etc.

6. Troy

Troy New Member

Married 13 years and she still drives me insane, 2-4 but more if i wanted it.

7. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Well, I'm single now.. But, in my 3+ year relationship we had sex almost nightly unless one of us was over tired or not feeling well.

More accurately, though, and to your poll choices, 4-6 times a week. Mind you, this is living with / sleeping in the same bed nightly.

8. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

I figure as long as you're counting per week, not per month, things are probably alright.

I've talked to people that have sex less than weekly, and I have no idea how those relationships work.

9. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

They probably don't actually "work" but they're both too stubborn to admit that there's an issue :o

If I'm in a sexual relationship (I've had romantic relationships where there was no sex, my Husband being one until after we were married, but we weren't virgins when we got married), I feel extremely disconnected to my partner if we're not intimate at least once or twice a week.

Plus I like/enjoy sex enough that if I go long periods without it, I get extremely bitchy :mamoru:

10. synthetic

synthetic New Member

thanks for contributing to the margin of error :ugh2:

my situation is me and my gf live and work together for 1+ year and known for 1.5 , this decrease seem to have happened 2 months ago, but also there are contributing factors that we have aprtaken in more activities, and work has been more stressful causing us to stay 12 hours every day. A nice find in the airport today was a mars/venus comparison book that stated our current situation were we are getting tense with each other. But i guess this is the rut you will encounter when you find out if the person is someone you want to spend your whole life with

11. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Hmm, 2.5 years, I'd say on average 3-4 times a week.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

You live and work together? Yikes! That would be way too fucking much for me.

Make sure to have set plans at least 1-2 nights of the week away from each other. That's my first suggestion.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

:confused:?

14. iwishyouwerebeer

Were you talking about youself? I am confused

15. iwishyouwerebeer

Ohhh ok, I seriously was thinking "when did I say we were down :ugh:?" We slowed down when we first moved in due to stress and the puppy, but things are back to normal.

16. iwishyouwerebeer

Let me give you some advice from a girl who moved with her bf and got a dog at the same time.

DO NOT DO IT.

Move in, settle in for a few months and then get the dog if things are good and settled. I swear, you have to trust me on this.

17. iwishyouwerebeer

:rofl: Oh man...I don't even know if you want to get me started but I will say that if any couple is really curious about testing their relationship or having a baby they should 100% get a dog first.

We have stupid little arguments over who wakes up early to take the puppy out, feed it, walk it, anything. They are like children. When we want to relax he is always awake and bugging us to play and it can cause the both of you to be like "it's your turn to play!" You can get frustrated easily.

I seriously mean this, it's not something to be taken lightly. I mean the good outweighs the bad but I literally just said to my bf "your turn to take Yoshi out" and he whined and went "ugh, no it's you turn!" I have learned SO much about my bf just from owning a dog. If we had kids it sure as shit wouldn't be for years and years.

18. iwishyouwerebeer

Yeah, anyone who has had both will tell you dogs are far harder than cats. We also have talks and arguments about who has to go home to let him out and things like that. There are even times I'm positive he delays going home by minutes (we strangely get home almost at the same time daily) just so I get home first and have to walk him :rofl: It's all very silly but very real. I still say test out the townhome first with each other alone, because nothing spells stress like moving into a new place and having you puppy shit and piss all over the carpet for months :squint:

19. skych

skych New Member

been 1.5yrs, still knock boots whenever we see eachother :dunno: still turns me on as much as when we started dating :naughty:

20. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

DOT!!! LoriLove, take it from someone who's done all THREE. Trust us, get the house, get settled, THEN find a dog at the shelter. Good news is, since you want a shelter/rescue dog, there are plenty of those and it's not like you're gonna miss out on a fresh litter of puppies, especially since you don't care if it's an older dog.

21. Hahawhat?

Hahawhat? New Member

Going on six years in January, went from 5-10 the first two years then down to 4-6 the next two years and lately it has been 1-2 maybe 3 but usually 1-2. Ask her what the poblems was and got nothing, tried again and asked her a different way and still got nothing. It has been a week since we last didn't anything and thats because it was my birthday :rolleyes:

22. IreLynx

IreLynx New Member

Our first year it was several times a day, probably an average of 4 days a week. And then we had the incident where 7 cops showed up at the door, and the frequency of any sexual activity dropped way down (no more 'several times a day', and maybe 3-5 times a week total for any kind of sexual activity).

After that, years 2-3, it was 2-4 times a week. At that point we were living with my parents, but everyone slept at night, so we could easily go at it. However, I had to be quiet, and that aspect kills most of my drive. Years 3-4 were 1-3 times a week; this was when my brother started becoming a night owl.

And then an 8am-5pm job (1hr away, so really 7-6+ job) for him came into play. He would be so tired when he got home (some nights he had to do work for his own clients after the day job) that he would go to sleep, wake up around 10-11pm to eat, and then do client work for a few hours before going back to bed. My brother was an all out night owl, and graduating high school, and had no job. So years 4-6 our schedules were so opposite, messed up, and leaving him so drained that sex was usually once a week.

Year 7 he dropped the day job. I got a night job, he eventually jumped in where I was working, and he also juggled his own business. So now we were so busy with both having a job (7pm-4am), and he was constantly driving 1hr+ to clients, plus doing client work from home, that we don't have much time; trying to get his business off the ground. Night job leaves us both tired on the weekends. We have opposite sleep schedules; he goes to bed around 7am/9am, while I'm waking up around 10am/11am. So no more sex before bed because we're never crawling into bed at the same time. The rare times we are both active at the same time of day, usually one is in the mood while the other isn't. Plus we have to work around everyone else until we can grab an apartment. My brother is a night owl & still jobless, and extremely active at night, so it's rare we can have sex at night. During the day I'm the only one awake at home, my dad comes home for lunch, and my mom comes home mid afternoon. The minute my mom gets home it's non-stop knocking on the bedroom door for anything from questions, to help, to just wanting to talk because she's bored. So sex is anywhere from once a week to as low as once a month.

Then again, sex is a 2hr (minimum) deal for us, so if we don't have at least that much time, we just bump it down to masterbation (alone or together), which is a 15 to 60min ordeal.

If we weren't so busy, tired, with misaligned schedules/drives (and lived in our own place), we would be having sex 1-3 times a week (minimum). And that's a number we'd both be satisfied with. So, anyway, that's how a couple manages to end up with sex once a month & still survive...because it's a result of the surrounding environment & its effects on you, not a result of personal problems with each other.

23. lauren

lauren Active Member

60 min for a jerk off session? seems overkill.

why'd the coppers come a knockin?

and if you are working 3 jobs between 2 people....why not move out? you've got the money.

24. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I've had 2 relationships last 2 years or longer. In one it was like once a week, which sucked cuz we saw each other only once or twice a week, but we were drifting apart by that time, anyway.

In the other, still 3-5 times a week, and we lived close so we saw each other all the time.

25. deadmeat

deadmeat Active Member

Coming up on 10 years together and 9 married. Before dogs and kids (twins fuck everything up) we were 1-2 times per day (first 2-3 years).

Then we'd just do it whenever we weren't exhausted, 1-2 times/week.

Now that the kids are 4 and in preschool and my schedule is normalizing (has been 2-11pm) we are usually 3-4 times per week. Though, sometimes we skip an entire week and sometimes we do it everyday for a week a couple times per day. She loves quickies, though and can orgasm from penetration relatively quickly. I'd say about half the time is quickies - 30 minutes or less.