How much product .......

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by joedog24, Jan 8, 2005.

1. joedog24

joedog24 New Member

Scottwax:
    How much DACP, and #80 should I put on a polishing pad? Should I make an X with the product or go around the pad about 2" from outer edge? Also how big an area should I work it. And lastly what speed should I work it. I thhink meguiars recommends 3-5, some folks like it faster.

TIA:hsd:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2005
  2. NorthPac

NorthPac New Member

about the size of a quarter more of less depending on the surface that needs to be done and the pad you are using, You can put DACP on ether on the pad or the suface then work it around the surface then start your PC. "Some" DACP works best when you work it for a while because more you do it the finer it gets

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I put on a dime to quarter sized blob on the pad, you can also do an X or a circle if you wish. Spread the product out on the pad when you press it against the paint. After the pad is primed with product you won't have to do that anymore. It is best to work an approximately 2' x 2' area at a time. I usually have the speed on 5-6 to polish but just bear in mind that using a speed of 6 can be hard on the backing on the pads so it is best to stick with 5 whenever possible.

Make sure with DACP that you work it until it begins to dry and look clear. If it takes a real long time to work it to that stage, you used too much. In addition, if the excess is hard to wipe off, you used too much/didn't work it long enough. It just takes a little practice to know how much product to use and how long to work it. #80 is easier, you only have to work it until it begins to clear.