How much is this big screen worth?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by NevaTrustWhitey, Sep 21, 2006.

1. NevaTrustWhitey

NevaTrustWhitey New Member

I thought this was the best place to put this since it is a part of home theater. I have an opportunity to purchase a Mitsubishi 60" big screen, model VS-60607. I believe it was built in 2000. It appears to be in great condition haven't inspected it like turning it on from cold or keeping it on for a few hours. My question is, does anyone have this tv or know how much it would be worth? I can buy it for $500 and want to know if that is a good deal or not. I do not want to buy it if it will break in 3 years.

2. johnson

johnson New Member

3. NevaTrustWhitey

I read that article before posting here. It doesn't say anything about price which was the only reason for my post.

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

well, they said it'll work for about 10 yrs, its 2006, so you've got 4 more to go. if you pay $500 now and $500 for repairs in a year, then you've got a $5000 tv for 1/5th the price. is it worth it to you?

edit, that's a $250/yr operating cost. can you get a 60" plasma for that?

5. NevaTrustWhitey

Question Closed.

All I meant was I didn't want to spend $500 on it if it wasn't worth it, especially if it is going to break down in a few years. Doesn't matter, It was sold already. (for less)